PDA

View Full Version : How to play K9 and Q8 pre flop

mwgr5
10-05-2004, 07:07 PM
I have another pre flop strategy question. I play in a game with 6-8 players. Usually $20 buy-in with 10 and 20 cent blinds. My strategy with K9 and Q8 is to limp. Is this the correct play with blinds this size? Thanks.

Stork
10-05-2004, 08:58 PM
You gotta be way more specific than that, such as game condition, what position you're in, etc.
But in general no. I assume you mean unsuited, in which case if I'm on the button I might try for a steal with either of those if I'm first in. I'll occasionally limp with K9 from the button. Barring those exceptions, those are pretty much garbage hands.

fsuplayer
10-05-2004, 10:37 PM
fold.those hands are dominated crap.
make $ off the players who play these hands.

Diplomatdcm
10-06-2004, 12:50 AM
fold

Ponks
10-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Fold those trash hands before you lose all your money /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ponks

Cosimo
10-06-2004, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta be way more specific than that, such as game condition, what position you're in, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what he said.

The specific buy-in, blinds, bets, etc is usually irrelevant. What matters is how loose, aggressive, and weak your opponents are; your position and how many other people are in the hand; and the ratio of small to big blind, and big bet to average stack size.

I never play K9o or Q8o. K9s and Q8s from the SB if there's a few limpers and only for less than one small bet. K9s might be good for an open-raise from LP.