PDA

View Full Version : I call it "Big Sh*t"

DesertCat
10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Ignore my comments about pocket tens, actually my biggest loser was AKo, 26 times for -25BB. Here is an example, where I hit my flop and then tried to run over my opponent. I guess I shouldn't have done that...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Kc Ts (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero has Ks Ah (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: UTG wins 7.50 BB. </font>

Seether
10-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Um....textbook play? Sometimes it just happens...it could have been worse, he could have capped on the flop or raised you anywhere and you should still call down.

Rubeskies
10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Your flop 3-bet was correct I believe. Your opponent would have been correct to raise you with a worse king or possibly semi-bluff with an open-ender. If he caps it or check-raises the turn then you can start worrying.

Value bet this river, a worse K will call you here often.

SomethingClever
10-05-2004, 06:58 PM
The only mistake you made is not betting the river.

Bob T.
10-05-2004, 07:08 PM
The only mistake you made is not betting the river.

I agree.

AdamL
10-05-2004, 07:24 PM
My biggest losing hand is AA. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Is AK the best hand you can lose with? Sheesh, even an amateur can lose with at least KK.

Chin up man. You're a good player.

Seether
10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Ah I didnt notice that he did not bet the river. Definantly bet the river.

BigEndian
10-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I don't understand the point of this post. Is there a lesson to be learned? Is there sympathy to be had?

- Jim

DesertCat
10-05-2004, 10:45 PM
I guess the point is that I'm having trouble finding good hands to post. Looking through PokerTracker, most of my mistakes are so obvious that posting here would be a waste of everyone's time. This one looked questionable to me and I thought I might benefit from advice on it. Everyone telling me to bet the river helps as I'm struggling with that right now.