PDA

View Full Version : River Decision

InchoateHand
10-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero...???

They can't fold if I don't bet...but is this a time to let other busted draws bet for me?

krubban
10-05-2004, 06:02 PM
If you intend to call a bet you might as well bet since weaker hands might be to scared to bet but will still call you down.

Rubeskies
10-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Fold preflop.

Check/raise the flop.
Bet the turn if it gets checked through

joker122
10-05-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm going to continue with my posting theme of the day. Why do you want to CR this flop?

Rubeskies
10-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Hero has a very vunerable hand that might be best. He is probably taking at least one card off with a gutshot/middlepair. He might as well try to win the hand by getting rid of overcards or getting a better 8 to fold.

InchoateHand
10-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah, with only three limpers I should mucked an unsuited connector. Neither of these players showed much interest and both ended folding to the river bet. I'm still pretty sure that I like betting out on this flop better than c/ring, though I'm willing to be persuaded.

InchoateHand
10-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm first to act---I can't bet the turn if it gets checked through. Thats why marginal holdings are so much fun in the SB.

adamstewart
10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
PREFLOP: fold

FLOP: Check (then either fold or raise, depending on the action).

TURN: CHECK

RIVER: Why are you still in this hand!?

InchoateHand
10-05-2004, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then either fold or raise, depending on the action

[/ QUOTE ]
If you were allowing me a check/raise on the flop....and a three comes off on the turn, why would I slow down?

Is there a bigger blank than the two on the river?

Granted, I should fold pre-flop, but I'm having trouble following your logic--this hasn't been the most passive of tables, and its hard to put my callers on anything but overcards, or maybe a nine.

adamstewart
10-05-2004, 10:38 PM
"TURN" referred to playing the turn as you presented, with the action that you have described up until that point.

However, now you've added additional information: If you feel it that ALL of your remaining opponents are calling without even pairs, then you may be inclined to act differently.

In the event that you check-raised the flop, then definitely bet out on the turn.

Rubeskies
10-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Of course you can bet the turn if it gets checked through on the flop.

Why can't you?

donny5k
10-06-2004, 12:20 AM
It's almost a mandatory bet if it gets checked through when that 3 comes off.