PDA

View Full Version : QJ all in play

12-15-2001, 04:01 AM
First of all, I apologize to those offended by a .10/.25 UB NL post. I had about $50 dollars in a game and was given QcJc preflop on Button. Flop was QQ7c. EP player with about $20 bets $2, everyone folds to me I raise to 4, he calls. Turn is 9c. He bets $10. I figured him for AQ, KQ, Q9, 99, or 77, if I am lucky, maybe 97 and he is betting the two pair, but I wouldn't think that since I have him covered. Here is where I am pretty sure that I made my mistake. I raise to $20. He calls all in. River is 9h, he turns over 77, I take it down.

Was the flop raise to $4 correct - or should I have just called. Should I have folded the $10 bet (I am thinking that this was probably the case - since I only had $4.25 in at that point)or was it okay due to the flush outs? His bet with less chips probably screamed boat. I won this one, but this kind of hand will make me broke in the long run, I am sure.

Any comments, criticism, name calling appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

12-15-2001, 04:25 AM
I tried to do the hand from memory in the earlier post - I went back and checked the hand history. There were 5 pre flop callers (including both blinds) 77 Guy was just to my left. First 3 checked he bet 2 I raised to 4 - other 3 folded. Thought that this was important as EP would indicate a stronger preflop hand.

Sorry for confusion.

12-15-2001, 04:26 AM

12-15-2001, 03:47 PM
Kevin

Of all the hands you put him on....only one unlikely hand put you ahead.....and you reraised. I dont get it....please explain your reasoning if you dont mind.

12-15-2001, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I know. Actually of all the hands 77 was the one least likely - atleast I thought since he just called the $2 flop raise. Since He overbet the pot and was in pretty good position, I thought that he might be trying to buy. Since I had him covered, I wanted to raise it. But, if he called, I was assurred that he had me beat...

Bottom line is, I got caught up in stack sizes, and that is how larger stacks become smaller stacks. I think that in retrospect, after the call that is when I thought about what he had and that is what will get me in trouble.

Thanks,

Kevin