PDA

View Full Version : on the river you guys would....

zerosports
10-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero.....

lil'
10-05-2004, 06:08 PM
This is not a hand I want to play against 3 opponents, even with position. Not enough odds to chase the set, and no chance of winning unimproved. I'd fold pre-flop.

As for your question, I'd just check the river.

jordanx
10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
On the river I'd check, I don't think he'd call with a hand that you could beat. He'd basically have to have high card Q or worse or pocket 2's or 3's.

On the other hand, I think he would call you down with a king here.

I think it is unlikely he was drawing on a flush or straight here. And if he were, he would most likely fold to a river bet.

I think a majority of the time, especially if he is a tight player, you are risking a big bet by betting here that has little hope of earning an extra bet.