WF-F: 13, WF-T: 6, W$SD-BR: 81}}

SB's note:
{{VPIP: 36, PFR: 15, AGG: 1.2
Hands: 1,484, RiverF: 31, CR: 3.01
WSD: 42, W$SD: 47
STEAL: 45, FBB-HU: 0, CCPF: 4
WF-F: 8, WF-T: 4, W$SD-BR: 67}}

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I was actually just going to call so I could check/raise if i got there with my flush, but when the sb called, I decided 3 betting would be the best choice cause if the button had AK my c/r 3 bet will get him off it more than likely and it will clean off my K outs. It will also disguise my hand, too and I could get more action than I deserve later in the hand.
Turn: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

I like my line here too as now they're even more confused to what I have and I still have at least /edit 15 outs.

River: (19.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font> planning on folding to a raise.

Am I a clown or was this a reasonable line?

Jeffage
10-05-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't really like your turn play. You have a huge draw but you have absolutely no chance of winning this pot now and it could easily be raised again. Why charge yourself to draw? Are you going to fire the river if you miss considering you are getting huge odds on a (seemingly hopeless or near hopeless) bluff? Interesting hand...

Jeff

Senor Choppy
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
The turn raise is fine if you keep both players around until the river and you don't kill your river action. The problem is you might lose one of them and you might cost yourself a big bet or two if you hit. I don't see much value in the confusion you created here considering you aren't going to be able to move both these opponents off a worse hand at this point.

bicyclekick
10-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks, I've now talked to a few other people and they agreed my turn check raise was not the right play. They did agree with my flop check 3 bet, though.

Thanks again.

/edit oh and the button had AQ and the sb folded and MHIG.

Monkeyslacks
10-05-2004, 08:14 PM
I think the flop play is absurdly good. Don't forget you're going to get called down more often by those who see it though as they will be thinking FISH FISH FISH when you turn it over. So you got that going for you...

The turn play: add another caller in on the turn and a value raise is a closer question.

mike l.
10-05-2004, 08:25 PM
your line is like a line of cocaine, really fun but you feel like shiit if you do it too much.

or something.

bicyclekick
10-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Heh, yeah I got berated by the sb who is mp3 on the following hand which came up the next orbit. Nothing like taking a little personal spite + an aggressive player and making some money on it.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (28 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 31 BB

I almost check/raised the river but pussed out figuring I'd rather not take the chance to get 1 bet from a bunch of people than risk getting none or 1 from a cuople and 2 from a couple because now there is an unprobable one card straight out there and I capped the turn and it just looks weird and I htink too many players are going to wuss out on the river bet.

I think my flop play is questionable, too.

Senor Choppy
10-06-2004, 10:48 AM
I would've check-raised the flop and check-raised the turn, just to make MP3 feel dumb.

It's hard to put a price on a really good pair of check-raises.

Steve Giufre
10-06-2004, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to put a price on a really good pair of check-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt agree more. The entertainment value of pulling this off is well worth the number of bets you give up when they check behind on the turn.