PDA

View Full Version : Lay down QQ here?

MickeyDub
10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Second hand of a Pacific 10+1. Stacks T800, blinds 10/20. I'm SB with QQ. UTG makes it T75 to go. 3 callers to me. I make it T360 to go. UTG pushes, as well as one of the middle position callers. Now this being a Pacific 10+1, I really don't respect players a lot, maybe a leak of mine. I've seen countless times players push early with mid pairs, any two faces and the like. So I make the call, partly because I already have so much in the pot. UTG has 99's, MP has KK's. MP's play was odd, calling a raise then pushing, so I really didn't see kings coming there. I suppose I was hoping to see AK out of UTG. Is this easy to fold even after the size of my raise? Comments appreciated.

Matt Finkelstein
10-05-2004, 05:27 PM
That second all in caller raises the red flag. It's never easy to fold QQ in a $10 sng, but I would in the face of an all in caller who acts before me. In effect, it's two players going over the top on you, not one.

Marcotte
10-05-2004, 05:57 PM
It's not an easy fold, but one you have to make. No reason to gamble all your chips so early in the tournament. Best case scenario you're up against at least one AK or better hand, in which case you're only a small favorite. There will be better times to get your chips in if you survive a few more orbits.

FWIW, I don't like the big reraise pf. Sure you want to thin the field and protect your hand to get out AJ-8 and KQ-9, but a 3.5bb raise UTG does deserve a little respect. Plus it just about pot commits you, making the flod to the all-in reraise and call that much more difficult.

I would flat call and then probably push on the flop if no A or K comes. I'm tempted to bet small on the flop, but any significant bet (200+) just about pot commits me, and I'm not sure what to do to the all-in raise. I'm used to starting with T1500, so I'm not sure how to play small stack SNGs. All-in-all, I would probably do the stop-n-go, which would lead to the same result, but I'm not sure thats the right answer.