PDA

View Full Version : Aces in the Blind

12-12-2001, 02:15 AM
I was in a .25-.50 no-limit Hold'em game. I was in the BB with pocket Aces. There were four limpers to me. I raised a little more than twice the pot, $7. It was folded around to the SB who called the raise. I had $40 and the SB had me covered. I can't lose the hand after the flop AA7. He checked the flop to me and I checked behind. The turn was a king, he bet $5 and I called. The river was another king he bet $10 and I raised all in for another $17 and he folded. I'd like to know what I'm supposed to be doing in no-limit, Pre-flop, and post-flop.

12-12-2001, 04:12 AM
Really you can't do a lot more than what you did. The preflop bet was good, but maybe 1 1/2 times the pot size is more realistic, as a double pot size raise is a lot for a pot steal.

After the flop you played it fine. Betting the flop (or turn) is an obvious mistake, as there is nothing (except 77) that your opponent could like about this flop. In fact you were pretty lucky he took a shot at the pot on the turn and the river.

I would have considered just doubling his bet on the river, hoping he may call with a K. Goin allin is more intimidating despite the fact you leave only $7 left. Having said that i would go allin myself almost every time.

12-12-2001, 05:55 AM
Ducey,

I had QQ and was trying to represent one of the cards in your hand.....8:)

I gave you too much action. Then again, I give everybody too much action...

Tuco

12-12-2001, 07:03 AM
Oh i didn't realise i was Tuco. You're unlucky he didn't shove his whole stack in on the flop.

12-12-2001, 08:48 AM

12-12-2001, 03:22 PM
I would say you were able to extract the maximum that was possible. As Mr. Peterson said, your raise may have been a bit too much although you were at the table so you know how the table was playing. I probably would have made it $4 or so. You would like to get 1 or 2 players max in the pot with you.

One of my favorite hands on UB was flopping quads with AA and having 2 other players go all-in on the flop /images/smile.gif Unfortunately they did not have too much money.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com