PDA

View Full Version : PLH Hand

12-11-2001, 12:57 PM
1-2 blinds. Two limpers, I make it 7 to go with AdQh. Loose game, and very passive. I have 200 bucks in front of me. Button calls. One limper calls after BB calls. 4 players for 7 bucks each... pot is 31 USD.

Flop is Ah-6h-8h. Check to me, I bet 22 dollars. Button comes over the top for 24 more (all-in).

Others fold.

What now?

I am new to PLH... Comments on any stage appreciated. I took some shit for this one...

-CW

12-11-2001, 01:42 PM
When the player raises all-in, you are getting 4:1 on a call. Against most opponents, I think that you have an easy call. You will almost always either be ahead or have a 30-35% chance of winning. 4:1 is plenty good IMO. His re-raise shows a lot less strength since it will put him all in.

-Dan

P.S. I'm not really a huge fan of your unbetting preflop and on the flop. I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish. Generally, though, I would prefer making a pot sized raise preflop and a pot-sized bet on the flop.

12-11-2001, 01:46 PM
If I'm counting correctly there is 99$ in the pot and it costs you 24 to draw so you're getting 4.5:1 pottodds. If he flopped the flush you probably have 7 outs twice to improve. Your odds of making the flush is then 2.6:1. So if he has a made flush you probably have about the right odds to call even if you account the times you're drawing dead.

If he has a set you're in worse shape since he can redraw. But I still think you have correct odds to call.

Against twopair you're in good shape. You might even be a slight favourite against 68.

If you're up against AK with Kh. You're in trouble and bound to lose.

I would call and pray.

Sincerely, Andreas

12-11-2001, 06:57 PM
Do you really advocate even betting the flop when four players sees it after a raise and it comes off like this?

lars

12-11-2001, 10:00 PM
Really you must call. If he has the made nut flush you are stuffed (and AKh), but otherwise you have outs. You cannot let a small allin bet push you off a pot, your image will never forgive you.

12-12-2001, 12:38 AM
you are all missing the main thing here. for a 22 bet and 24 raise, he is really just going allin calling. he doesnt have enough to do anything next round so he sticks it in. his bet is the same as a call here. you cant fold any hand except a total bluff as he could just be playing with the nut flush draw and no pair.

12-12-2001, 04:00 AM
Ray he actually goes over the top for $24 more. Not calling and throwing the last $2 in. At least thats what i got from the post.

12-12-2001, 04:01 AM