PDA

View Full Version : PLO strategy

12-11-2001, 06:12 AM
B. Ciaffone in his excellent book Omaha Poker advocates to muck an average high card hand (like AQT9o) against a early raise since your opponent likely has the same kind of hand, thus conterfeiting yours.

I agree this is the best play if there are additional opponents and/or the money is short.

But I think this is one of the best situations heads up when the money is deep since now you can outplay your single opponent with position.

Comments appreciated.

12-11-2001, 04:54 PM
why take the chance?? at this point you can muck with very little loss

as for having position--who knows how good the opponent is at short handed play?? who knows just how good his hand is?? I am probably wrong, buy seems to me that position may be more important in holdem sine there are fewer cards to enable one to read a hand

12-11-2001, 10:06 PM
Well you are certainly wrong about the position Jellow. Position is probably more important in pot limit Omaha than in ANY OTHER GAME.

Although i do agree with you about mucking this sort of hand. Your opponent more than likely has similar but better cards than yours (AKJT for example) and will more than likely take the money if you both hit. If you both miss, then you are maybe able to steal, it depends onthe opponent. I raise with hands like 6789 in omaha so a small card flop doesnt open me up for a steal. Having said that, i have only played PLO in tournaments, and are pretty inexperienced.