PDA

View Full Version : Laying down top two

12-10-2001, 04:21 PM
$2-3-5 last night at AJ's. No kill. I'm in the BB with QTs and about $950. Three of us limp. Pot's $35. Player 2 has me covered. Player 3 has $345.

Flop QT2 twotone hearts. I lead for $35. Player 2 calls. Player 3 raises $210. I know player 3 well. He has a flush draw. (If he has the straight draw it's coincidental to the flush draw.) I go to push in and notice player 2 is sitting very quietly. He's a new player in the game, inexperienced but not at all irrational. After a pause, I start talking about whether to call with two pair loud enough for player 2 to hear. He's still still. I'm just not sure enough. I call. He calls really fast. Pot's $770.

Turn is an offsuit nine. I check. Player 2 bets $90. Player 3 goes all in for $112. At this point, player 2 cannot reraise. I fold. Player 2 calls.

River's an offsuit 7. Player 2 wins with a set of tens; player 3 shows the 63 of hearts.

A good laydown that could've been a great one.

12-12-2001, 07:41 PM
Great post! I don't really have any analysis since I have never played PL or NL ( I probably would have called the turn, the idiot that I am), but yeah a laydown on the flop would have been great.