PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6 TT Hand

Piiop
10-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The lineup (Stats are VPIP%/PFR%/AF):

UTG - Loose, passive - 31/4.5/.9
UTG+1 - Very Loose, passive preflop, almost aggressive postflop - 53/4.5/1.4
MP2 - Very tight so far, not enough hands for relevant stats
CO - Very loose, passive, bad player. Already lost one buy-in bought back in for 9 BB's, posted his blinds after sitting out a couple hands - 61/8.3/1

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $4.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">[1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.66 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero...

I thought about not betting the turn here. With 4 other players in, I thought it was unlikely that I had the best hand or that my spade draw would be good. Turn bet good/bad?

MP2 had been at the table 3 or 4 orbits and had only played maybe 3 hands. It was the first time I'd seen the aggression from him, and it defintely didn't make me feel good. However, since UTG and UTG+1 folded, I felt better about my /images/graemlins/spade.gif outs. I'm thinking MP2 would only checkraise here with a made flush, KJ, or 44. I'm not sure on the probability of each of those, but I could have anywhere between 0 and 10 outs.

So what's your plan play here and plan for the river?

InchoateHand
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
If you call, do you think the CO will call? 'Cause if he is dead money, than there may be a large enough freak chance to stay in here. However, I don't think your hand with two overs, and a flush on the board is worth showing down. I think you are only up against hands that have you beat, or perhaps drawing dead. I'd save those two BBs--especially since you figure MP2 for a tightwad.

stir
10-05-2004, 01:51 PM
I would think your read on the player as VERY TIGHT is most important consideration here.

Call the turn raise, pot is too big to fold. Check-call the river if a 10 or spade falls, check-fold the river if it is a blank.

Piiop
10-05-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you call, do you think the CO will call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I could see him calling with something like T9 no spade here. He was very bad.

Joe Tall
10-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Versus this many opponents on such a board w/overs and the 2nd nut flush draw, check the turn.

Once you've bet and have been raised, call the turn c/r.

Peace,
Joe Tall