PDA

View Full Version : Blind relative to Buy in

beta1607
10-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I am going to fly in LAX Friday afternoon and have a few hours to play at Hollywood Park card room before I get picked up. I know they spread $100 and $200 max buy-in NL with 2-4 or 3-5 blinds respectively. Given the buy-ins and stack sizes which game would you all suggest? Bank roll is not an issue for me. Also any card room specific advice would be appreciated.

Ghazban
10-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I don't know anything about either specifc game but I would always rather play with deeper stacks relative to the blinds than shorter as it gives you more room to maneuver without forcing somebody all-in on the flop. Often, the smallest available game will attract the worst players so that's another possible thing to consider. All things being equal, though, my vote goes for the $200 max buy-in 3/5 blind game.

schwza
10-05-2004, 02:13 PM
2-4 100 buy-in is very very short-stacked. that's 25 big blinds; party is considered short-stacked with 50, and stars/ub have 100.

with stacks around the buy-in range, i think i would never cold-call a raise - i'd just push or fold.

in general, compared to deeper NLHE, 33 and A2s go down in value, KQ goes up.