PDA

View Full Version : structure & pre-flop tightness

12-07-2001, 08:40 AM
Hi, I Play in a tiny home game and would like to like some info on how tight I should play pre-flop.

We play a number of flop type games, Pot-Limit. We do not have a blind but everybody antes 1. This is very often raised to 5 ( about 75% of the times), and never raised more (exept rarely by me). Almost everybody sees the flop, I am the only player who playes tight pre flop: I see maby 20-30% of flops (including the unraised ones) compared to 90-100% for the other players.

Should I play loser ( or tighter ) pre-flop ?

More info:

The buyin is 250, but stackes vary between 100(rarly less) and 1000.

We play 5-8 handed.

The players are a mixe between loose-passive loose-tight with only +-3 players beeing more aggressive (including me).

I am currently wining at this game, but could changing me pre-flop requirement improve my winings ?

One more question, should I buy in for more then 250 ?

While I am at it, I'll aske one more question: After 155 hours, I averge +50/hour, with a SD of 200.

Is this win rate ralistic or only a statistical blib? Is it possible to win more in this type of game ?

Thx,

Gatlif

BTW, this is a tiny game, When I say ante is 1, it realy means 5 euro-cent.

12-07-2001, 10:17 AM
You can probably see a couple of more flops. The time to do it is with cards that are easy to play postflop. Don't start playing AJo or KQo. It's a sure way to go bust. I'd probably call raises (providing it won't get reraised and that stacks are deep enough) with hands like 98s, Axs and any pocket pair. Your aim here is to double up against a player who cannot release his top pair, or top two.

Obviously you need to reraise with your premium hands. Depending on your playing style you might want to buyin more then 250. If you play agressivly and bluff a lot a short stack might be preferable. If you play mostly big hands you want to have everyone coverd.

I'm kind of new to this NL/PL stuff but hopefully you'll get something useful out of this. ;-)

Sincerely, Andreas

12-10-2001, 05:35 AM
>

dont listen to him!

AJ and KQ are premium hands in a 5 handed game!

12-10-2001, 02:29 PM
AJ and KQ are premium in a 5 handed limit game. I'm not fond of them in NL/PL games since the only times you'll get significant action is when you're beat. Let the others call your AK bets with their KQ. Don't do it yourself. I'll prefer 98s to KQo any day in NL/PL.

Of course, if you're playing against weak fish you'll probably get away with KQ and AJ.

Sincerely, Andreas