PDA

View Full Version : Paging successful 5/10 Party players: What are your stats?

Grisgra
10-05-2004, 11:18 AM
After another lousy PP session (not enough hands yet to officially confirm I suck with any statistical certainty, but enough to guess it's probably the case) I definitely need to hunt for some more advice.

A good start would be to ask the folks here about what their PT stats look like:

Voluntarily put $$ into pot
% See the turn
% See the river
% win at showdown

are the keys I think. The tables I've been at are so full of bluffing (I think) that just sitting and waiting for top pair is probably the best call, and I think that instead I've been calling down too much -- even if they're raising half the time with nothing, and half the time with a hand, it's probably best to just give up most of the time unless I know I'm solid.

So anyway . . . what do yer stats look like, boys and girls? Help a guy out.

naphand
10-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Help yourself - these stats have been posted tediously often on this forum, along with plenty of discussion about their insignificance as a stand-alone guide to play.

Grisgra
10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Help yourself - these stats have been posted tediously often on this forum, along with plenty of discussion about their insignificance as a stand-alone guide to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thank you for your support . . .

Who ever said I would be using them as a stand-alone guide? But if everyone else is seeing the river 45% of the time they see a flop, and I'm seeing it 70%, I'd be surprised if that wasn't a leak.

meow_meow
10-05-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who ever said I would be using them as a stand-alone guide? But if everyone else is seeing the river 45% of the time they see a flop, and I'm seeing it 70%, I'd be surprised if that wasn't a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 45% is still too high
For VPIP - a large range is possible, anywhere to 18% up to 30% (maybe higher) - I'm hovering around 20%, though I think that's probably sub-optimal...

naphand
10-05-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times do you think this question has been asked? There is no need to have yet another rehash of the same material when it is freely available to anyone prepared to look, do a search for "stats".

Grisgra
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
What I've found so far is mostly posts of people doing a quick "checkup" after a few thousand hands, max, not confirmed winning players with 50k+ hands. Not that those stats are not necessarily out there.

sammy_g
10-05-2004, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I've found so far is mostly posts of people doing a quick "checkup" after a few thousand hands, max, not confirmed winning players with 50k+ hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know who you could be talking about.

sammy_g
10-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Why not append your stats to the thread for feedback?

Grisgra
10-05-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm sure that there are many winning players in this forum who have been playing the 5/10 SH tables for at least six months, it'd be easy to get 50k hands in in that time.

TJD
10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
I think the main problem is that there is not a "winning" set of stats.

Some play 19% VP$IP and win, others (like Peter_Rus) play a very much more aggressive (and some may say, loose) preflop style but their post flop play is good enough to compensate.

Post flop, some are VERY aggressive!!! Stripsqueese and Guido perhaps fall into that category. Yet Soda, who is near to deity level, is much LESS aggressive.

Don't get me wrong, Soda is very aggressive compared to the folks who lose on a regular basis but he is less aggressive than others whose style is different.

If your VP$IP is TOO high you will lose. I have seen 28% put as a bound on this but perhaps the exceptional win with slightly more than this.

PFR% - well this has to be 2/3 or so of your VP$IP (however perhaps El_Diablo, who limps more than most and is an excellent player, may have a lower figure and feel that is OK for him)

The figures all interact with each other.

If you are VERY aggressive then your WtSD% will be high but your W$SD will be lower. However your W$WSF will be higher.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Simple summary /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do not play too tight or too loose

When you DO play, be aggressive. Whether you are VERY aggressive or just aggressive is up to you.

Any help?

trevor

sammy_g
10-05-2004, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that there are many winning players in this forum who have been playing the 5/10 SH tables for at least six months, it'd be easy to get 50k hands in in that time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just joking because I made a post like the one you described recently.

tripdad
10-06-2004, 12:40 AM
my VPIP% is around 25%, but i'm trying to get a hair lower in hopes of seeing less big swings.

i see the river around 38% of the time and win $ at SD 53% of the time.

the best advice i can give you is to not assume everyone is bluffing when they bet. sure, sometimes they are, but nowhere near the majority of time. just keep that in mind when it is decision time on when to call down. good players feed off the ones who call with 2nd pair and such.

cheers!

fyodor
10-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Stats shmats

My stats are right where I would expect them to be given my aproach to the game:

VP$IP 23.61%
Fold SB to Steal 84.65% (I think this should be around 80)
Fold BB to Steal 56.41% (I think this should be around 60)
Att. to Steal Blinds 30.75 (right about what I would like)
Went to SD 35%
Won $ at SD 53.42% (I think I can go to SD a little more and let the win rate drop closer to 50)
PF Raise 15.11
Aggression Flop 2.86 Turn 2.43 River 1.41 (all fine by me)

These figures are from the 14,500 hands of 10/20 I have played in the last month and a half or so.

I am down about 60BB

That is frustrating as hell. I mean I can get the 60BB back in a good hour but to play that many hands and play them just the way I would like and just break even makes me want to bitch slap some of those fish that keep sucking out on me.

I know I must have at least some minor leaks (I'm no poker god or anything) but every night I see my money go to guys calling 2 cold with 85s. Last night I dropped $400 to one guy alone who I have in my database as being down $4200 in 1,150 hands. He totaly sucks but it seems everytime I get in a pot with him he has (or more often rivers) a better hand than me.

Ok now I'm just ranting here. I am NOT looking for sympathy or empathy or anything Dr. Phil related. I know that my next 14,500 hands will most likely put me solidly in the black if I continue to play the way I have.

I bet my good hands and muck my bad ones. Pretty straightforward poker.

I look at handhistories of other winning players. I have over 2000 hands for instance of someone I strongly suspect to be Gonores. The hands where I get to see his cards he plays the hand pretty much just like I would everytime. Ok once he limped UTG with JTs. I would have mucked that. But maybe it was table dynamics related.

Anyhow I see players who win on a regular basis with VP$IP stats anywhere from 20-30. Just play strong. Don't tilt. Don't throw your chips away.

Take your stats and shove them.

DonFacehead
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Fyodor what is your bb/100 hands with theese stats?

fyodor
10-06-2004, 05:40 PM
-0.40 Not pretty.

Put in about another 500 hands so far today and lost another $4.oo That's right Four Dollars.

I now have exactly 14,952 hands of 10/20 and am down precisely $1,200.01 I like to call that breaking even.

wtf is going on?