PDA

View Full Version : L. Paul Bremer : "US paid price for not enough troops in Iraq"

Cyrus
10-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Read, please, the remarks of the US former civilian administrator of Iraq, not for his continued insistence that the war was "just" (what else would he say, having accepted to serve there?) but for Bremer's tacit admission that the plan was, well, an awful mess!

I'm saying it like this - not Bremer. Bremer says it diplomatically.

And if you think a thousand dead American soldiers are not enough to justify the term "big price", which Bremer uses, well, please explain yourself not to me but to people like SaltCracka who have relatives in Iraq, relatives that are treated by the Washington pols as bad money going after good...

CNN Report (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/05/iraq.main/index.html)

'

vulturesrow
10-05-2004, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Read, please, the remarks of the US former civilian administrator of Iraq, not for his continued insistence that the war was "just" (what else would he say, having accepted to serve there?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Right lets not read any part of that article except the parts that Cyrus wants us to pay attention to. Lets ignore the case that Bremer laid out for going into Iraq. Lets ignore the part where Bremer says he is optimistic about the outcome in Iraq. Bremer only says these things because he has to say them. No one who says something opposed to what Cyrus thinks can be anything other than toeing the line and incapable of independent thought. OF course the fact that the Bremer even said what he did about about the looting following the war directly contradicts what Cyrus says about Bremer just saying stuff because he has to to say those things.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you think a thousand dead American soldiers are not enough to justify the term "big price", which Bremer uses, well, please explain yourself not to me but to people like SaltCracka who have relatives in Iraq, relatives that are treated by the Washington pols as bad money going after good...

[/ QUOTE ]

And now lets throw in a good dose of playing on people's emotions to finish off. Implying that our leadership doesnt care about the lives of its soldier is crass, whether or not you believe going into Iraq was a correct decision.

Utah
10-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I am confused. Is it a new revelation to you that there are too few troops on the ground. Have you not heard the hoards of conseratives that say the same thing? Maybe you should read the paper more often.

And Vulture - shame on you. Everyone knows that Cyrus ignores everything he doesnt like in articles. There is no need to point it out. lol

Cyrus
10-05-2004, 07:48 PM
"Right lets not read any part of that article except the parts that Cyrus wants us to pay attention to."

You wanna read ten pages of predictable stuff, be my guest, it's your time on earth. I, for one, do not think it is news when Bremer, until a few months ago the US administrator of Iraq, praises Bush, supports the correctness of the invasion, and all that. This id so trivial it would not be pointed out by a conservative poster even. (A bit like a liberal here announcing as big news that the AFL-CIO supports --drum roll-- the Democratic candidate! ..Really? No sh*t!)

But when Bremer officially, publicly deviates from the official line and disputes the correctness of the war's planning, when Bremer says in so many words that the number of troops was inadequate the same time that Rumsfeld assures everybody who will listen of the contrary (and the Pentagon, with clenched teeth, loyally agress with 'im), well now, THAT'S news!..

The nervous reaction from the Pentagon and the DoD to Bremer's remarks is quite telling. Only those with a closed mind cannot understand the importance of such statements as Bremer's.

"Implying that our leadership doesnt care about the lives of its soldier is crass, whether or not you believe going into Iraq was a correct decision."

Of course, it doesn't. What makes you think these guys care? These guys would just as soon break wind than send another ten thousand UNTRAINED SOLDIERS, for instance, to face off the Iraqi insurgents! (Or didn't you read the unbelievable first-hand reports of soldiers ALL passing their boot camp tests in marksmanship, gun care, etc, and getting ALL shiped off within weeks of being to camp? I guess this shows the guys upstairs care for the soldiers' lives, yeah right.)