PDA

View Full Version : Empire Pop-Ups eliminated for VIP Club

belowpoverty
10-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, that's what I suggested, since they tout their VIP club as offering "amazing benefits". It will be a two-fer since it would be a great benefit and I'll be amazed if they do it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BradleyT
10-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Why not ask them to make it an on/off option for everybody with the default option being ON. They'd only lose the eyeballs from people who don't really want to see them anyway.

cnfuzzd
10-05-2004, 11:48 AM
i dont know why you all are annoyed with them. Microbob followed one the other night and one like 11 grand. It could happen to you.....
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peace

john nickle

MicroBob
10-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I hate them in spite of my big win.

One pop-up shortly before a tourney start is one thing. but constant reminders such as "ONLY 6 hours and 43 minutes left to register" are ridiculous.

Additionally, the pop-ups are more intrusive than other sites that have similar tourney-promos.
On Party, the promo just appears in the chat-box.
On Stars the little pop-up just shows up on your table for a few secs and then disappears....you don't have to always click 'OK' on it.
Additionally, on Stars I believe you have the option to turn off the tourney-annoucements...but I leave them on because they are not very intrusive at all.

FWIW - I haven't received an Empire tourney pop-up for a little while actually. Perhaps they are making adjustments to prevent these things from popping up every 20 minutes.

Sponger15SB
10-05-2004, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate them in spite of my big win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so ungrateful.