PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit: What do I do?

12-05-2001, 07:47 AM
50c/$1 UB pot limit. Pot on flop is approximately $6. 6 players in for flop.

I have 7h8h on the button. Flop is 8s7s4h. Checked to me, I bet $6 and get 3 callers.

Turn is 6h. First player checks 2nd bets $30 player in the middle folds. Up to me I have top 2 pair and flush draw which is likely to be good if I make it, as it was a backdoor draw on the flop.

The blind man likes to check raise but theres no reason to think he will play here. I will have $52 left to bet if I call (obviously beat right now given the player betting and his position he will have 9T), and the bettor has me covered. He is very likely to pay me off if i connect, particularly the flush instead of filling up. I will fold if i miss.

Should I call? What amount of money left to bet is the actual amount left to bet at which a call becomes correct over a fold? There is a small chance he has 9T of hearts. How much does this CHANCE change things? (obviously if i knew he had 9Th then i must fold).

12-05-2001, 05:05 PM
Don ruin a section that should be about 2-5-10 or higher live NL and 40-80 LHE or higher with your 'he raises all-in. I have 94 cents in my stack. What do I do?" bullshit!

12-05-2001, 05:38 PM
What does the size of their stacks got to do with it, it is still no-limit.

12-05-2001, 05:39 PM

12-05-2001, 06:43 PM
if he's likely to pay you off if the scare card hits, i would call.

your boat and flush outs look to be clean and you're just a slight dog, but i'd go ahead and call if you expect to be paid off.

otherwise, if he's capable of laying down a hand on the river, i'd fold.

-alex

12-06-2001, 12:55 AM
Screw you. This is now pot limit and nolimit section, and about 80% of the posts on the site relate to the ultimatebet games.

And really i want to know the mathematics of the question, rather than answering what do I do. I know to call, and then move in if I hit, and dump If i miss. I would like to get opinions on what to do if the spade flush connects on the end. He is actually much more likely to drop if the spade falls compared to a heart, as the hearts was runner runner. I think it is probably correct to move in if it comes and he checks.

12-06-2001, 02:44 AM
This is a good venue to reach players that have never played nl or pl holdem , they have to start somewhere. where did u start? As they progress u may see them in a live nl/pl game playing a little higher. give them a chance and cut them some slack. and give them a little advise to speed them on their way.....