PDA

View Full Version : Kerry, Neocon and Super Hawk?

wacki
10-05-2004, 02:51 AM
Interesting read:

Kerry, Newest Neocon
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/04/opinion/04safire.html?oref=login
http://www.bugmenot.com

Also, if you watch
http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/080304v1.wmv
or goto http://kerryoniraq.com/

Pay attention to what he says when Howard Dean isn't in the picture. He is far more aggressive than even Bush. I would not of expected this. Honestly, after watching the video and listening to Kerry's reasoning, I can't help and think that Kerry has become a huge hawk. This whole anti-war crap is a huge lie just to get elected and solidify the democratic base. Seriously, in 1998 Kerry said that the fact that Saddam will make weapons as soon as the sanctions are lifted is reason alone to go in there. Watch the video and listen to Kerry's reasoning. There was no pressure for him to think this way, at that time, and I can't help but think that that was the real Kerry.

Am I wrong? Has the dove become a super hawk? Read the article and watch the video. When it comes to the video listen to what Kerry says when there is no political pressure to be anti-war. It's stunning. He has more aggressive reasoning than Bush!

natedogg
10-05-2004, 03:28 AM
He is a huge proponent of asset forfeiture laws.
His record shows a long history of disdain for the civil liberties of us 'little people' culminating in his vote FOR the PATRIOT act.

I don't think much of Bush. But it seems like for many of the reasons I don't like Bush, Kerry is as bad or worse on those topics.

natedogg

wacki
10-05-2004, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is a huge proponent of asset forfeiture laws.
His record shows a long history of disdain for the civil liberties of us 'little people'

[/ QUOTE ]

My interest is peaked. Do you have any links on this? What do you mean by long history?

elwoodblues
10-05-2004, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has the dove become a super hawk

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of funny that the conservatives label him a dove and then say "look, he's becoming a hawk." He isn't anti-war in general...he is anti-war in specific applications.

adios
10-05-2004, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He isn't anti-war in general...he is anti-war in specific applications.

[/ QUOTE ]

What war has Kerry supported?

elwoodblues
10-05-2004, 11:09 AM
He supported the war in Iraq when he believed the evidence provided by the president. He also believes that finishing this war right is important.

adios
10-05-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He supported the war in Iraq when he believed the evidence provided by the president.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what Kerry's position is. Kerry states that his vote to authorize military action in Iraq was based on the intention that Bush would not abandon diplomacy in resolving the situation in Iraq.

[ QUOTE ]
He also believes that finishing this war right is important.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see if he's elected but the only military action that I know of that Kerry has supported was the intervention in Kosovo but I'm not sure about Desert Fox.

vulturesrow
10-05-2004, 11:23 AM
I know that Kerry voted against Desert Storm I. Which is sort of ironic considering he made reference to Bush Sr's decision not to push all the way into Baghdad at the time.

wacki
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He supported the war in Iraq when he believed the evidence provided by the president. He also believes that finishing this war right is important.

[/ QUOTE ]

elwoodblues its painfully obvious that you didn't watch the video. See what Kerry says in 1998 during a "this week" interview.

wacki
10-05-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He supported the war in Iraq when he believed the evidence provided by the president.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what Kerry's position is. Kerry states that his vote to authorize military action in Iraq was based on the intention that Bush would not abandon diplomacy in resolving the situation in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the video adios! Watch what he says before howard Dean comes into the picture. Listen to his reasoning. He requires no evidence, only the history of Saddam needs to be viewed in his book. That is when he had no political pressure to go anti-war. If you read the article it's very similar to his position on North Korea.

As I said before, the video has convinced me his current position is a lie. As william Kristol said: "It's a political move, and it's a smart one."

elwoodblues
10-05-2004, 01:57 PM
He talks about "keeping the pressure on." I don't think, and I doubt that Kerry thinks, that necessarily means "go to war."

wacki
10-05-2004, 02:12 PM
No, he made a very clear case about Saddam building up weapons after sanctions are lifted. He also said his threat to the middle east and Isreal is the biggest problem. Watch the video.

There were three clips one he says he is "way ahead" of the president. One he says we don't need the UN. And another he says the history of Iraq alone is enough.

Bigdaddydvo
10-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Calling John Kerry a "Super Hawk" is like calling Rosie O'Donnell "Super Skinny"

He has an absolutely atrocious record on national security issues. Bush is a dumbass for not more effectively calling him out on this point.

wacki
10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I know his record. And he has in the past been a super dove. But when it comes to civil rights he has been very brutal. But you cannot deny he has been saying some pretty hawkish and radical things in the late 90's before Dean came along. Also, how do you explain his current view on North Korea? Explain the differences for me please.

Kerry has me so confused.