PDA

View Full Version : One more KK hand, again, am I too weak???

Jonny
10-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($106.50)
BB ($146.25)
UTG <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> ($286.00)
UTG+1 ($243.00)
MP1 ($159.00)
MP2 ($116.00)
Hero ($200.00)
CO ($208.50)
Button ($198.00)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls $2, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $9.5</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $7.50, UTG <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls $7.50.

Flop: ($29.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, LAG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, BB calls $20, <font color="CC3333">LAG raises to $120</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $189.50
<font color="green">Main Pot: $89.50, won by LAG.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $100, returned to LAG.</font>

I figured set/semibluff/or JJ/QQ. Was this a vaild fold, considering he was a LAG. Obviously against an average player this is a clear fold.

Jonny
10-05-2004, 01:53 AM
bump

Chris Daddy Cool
10-05-2004, 02:29 AM
if he's an idiot LAG (not a thinking LAG), you should probably push.

however, on ragged boards such as this one (though there's a flush possibily out there) checkraises like this usually mean set.

this is usually not a bad fold though. depends on the player reads really.

nrinker
10-05-2004, 04:45 AM
Youve got a quality hand, you read the guy as a LAG, does his LAGness consist of this type of play? You folded against your read it seems.....

schwza
10-05-2004, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if he's an idiot LAG (not a thinking LAG), you should probably push.

however, on ragged boards such as this one (though there's a flush possibily out there) checkraises like this usually mean set.

this is usually not a bad fold though. depends on the player reads really.

[/ QUOTE ]

this board is not remotely ragged. there's the flushdraw, a number of OESD's, probably a double-gutter or two that i still have no idea how to look for on a board, and utg's play is consistent with TT, 77, and 55. finally, a flush draw is likely to have overcards here and so will feel more confident about semi-bluffing.

if you've seen him play one draw aggressively, i'd push.

Jonny
10-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Well unfortunately I didn't read him as loose until after that hand. But I thought he had a J and was trying to bet out the draws.

Zag
10-05-2004, 02:10 PM
I had a similar hand, where I made the read that the guy was overly aggressive. He had raise preflop 5 hands in a row, taking it preflop twice and with a bet on the flop once and with a raise on the flop the fourth time. This was the fifth hand in the series, and I had AT (suits don't matter). He raised, I reraised, and he rereraised. Everyone else folded and I just called.

The flop included an ace, so I figured that I had just come over his medium pair. Or he was just overplaying garbage, or maybe it would come down to kickers, and I was willing to back my ten, given that he must have been raising with crap on some of these hands. Anyway, he checked to me, I bet, and he check-raised me all in. I was getting about 5-to-1 on the final bet, so I called quickly.

He had AA and I was drawing totally dead on the flop. Sigh.