PDA

View Full Version : A simple Debate question

Nepa
10-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Can George W. Bush lose all 3 debates and still be elected president?

andyfox
10-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes.

Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton were elected twice each.

'Nuff said.

Nepa
10-04-2004, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that I didn't watch the debates during the Clinton Admin. Things were running too well to pay attention.

sam h
10-04-2004, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Clinton lose his debates? I don't really remember.

Dynasty
10-04-2004, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Clinton lose his debates? I don't really remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy's comment doesn't make much sense. It certainly has nothing to do with debates which Clinton did well in and which Nixon didn't participate in.

I suppose Andy just has a low opinion of Nixon and Clinton and therefore he thinks anybody can win two terms as President.

lastchance
10-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Depends how well he holds up during them. If Kerry just plain destroys Bush these next two debates, Kerry could go up to about a 3 to 1 favorite. However, that still gives Bush a chance to come back. If he lost, but was able to come back with brilliant ads and campaigning, he may very well win the election despite losing both of the debates.

However, Kerry should be a significant favorite if he is able to win the next two debates, at least 60-40, probably around 65-45. This is a very good opening for Kerry, but this time, on domestic policy, he can't just hold his ground. He has to go after Bush.

These debates represent about a 5-10% swing here. This is Kerry's best chance here, I think. If Bush can hold his ground, Bush should be able to come back and win the campaign.

goofball
10-05-2004, 01:35 AM
are you kidding?

Clinton was the best orator this country has seen in my lifetime. (only 22 years, but still)

andyfox
10-05-2004, 01:39 AM
I wasn't referring to the debates. I was referring to the bad judgment of the American electorate to elect two pahtological liars.

andyfox
10-05-2004, 01:40 AM
"I suppose Andy just has a low opinion of Nixon and Clinton and therefore he thinks anybody can win two terms as President."

Bingo.

andyfox
10-05-2004, 01:41 AM
See my responses to Nepa and Dynasty.

Daliman
10-05-2004, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't referring to the debates. I was referring to the bad judgment of the American electorate to elect two pahtological liars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that elect two, and have one hijack the election..