PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a HP pocket PC?

Hallett
10-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Thinking of getting one. I need Outlook, Word, and Excel. The rest is not important to me, as in cameras and MP3 players..... Are these any good? I saw two models, both with 32 Megs of memory. One is 100 bucks more, and has Wi-Fi capability (I don't have wireless at home or work) and a digital camera. I can't fathom why I would want that, so I am thinking of the lower model. How do they compare with Palm products? This will be an upgrade from my Palm V.

Appreciate any comments and advice.

astroglide
10-04-2004, 11:26 PM
are you creating or reading? there are palm solutions for dealing with office stuff in general. only mentioning it so that you don't restrict yourself to something if you don't have to. the dell axims can be great deals, but i find them too large.

...but any pda is too large for me. i had a palm v and thought it was the beginning of the world. went through the "install every app" phase, then the "erase everything and use the basics" phase, then the "stop carrying the damn thing" phase. i'd get something along the lines of a treo but they're still too big/awkward for me.

Hallett
10-05-2004, 07:13 AM
LOL

I am upgrading from my palm V, and went through the same phases....

OrangeHeat
10-05-2004, 07:21 AM
I have a H5455 with bluetooth and wi-fi. The pocket word and excel work great. Transfering work files to and from it works well. Taking notes at meetings is pretty easy with the portable/foldable keyboard that fits in my pocket.

I got a bluetooth phone so it is portable internet and e-mail too. If you can afford it go for the bluetooth and wi-fi.

Orange