PDA

View Full Version : Online NL Kings

11-28-2001, 05:27 AM
For those of you who play nolimit online at Ultimatebet, would you ever dump Kings preflop? I've raised or reraised with Kings on many occasions and have never been concerned about runnning into pocket Aces.

The online environment doesn't allow us the option of looking at our opponent. In my experience most players reraise with less than Kings, often hands as weak as JTo or 55. And generally the money is not that deep, or of a high enough nominal value that losing to Aces will devastate you.

Anybody actually mucked Kings preflop at UB? I dropped Queens once on the button when there was a raise, a reraise allin, and an even bigger allin over the top, but thats an obvious fold.

11-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Against certain players I might assuming raise/re-raise and a re-raise.

A few nights ago I wish I did /images/frown.gif

I raised to 1.50. Next player made it 3.00. I re-raised to 7.50. Player re-raised all-in for another 4.50. I called and sure enough he had AA. Now if he reraised all-in for a big amount maybe I muck them.

Ken Poklitar

11-29-2001, 01:37 AM
Yeah, but this is bet by you (correct), raise by him (correct), reraise by you (correct), and allin for not very much more by him (correct).

You called thinking oh no hes got Aces, but even if he does the pot is now big enough that you must call. And most of these players would make that reraise with 99 to get allin, and not play guessing games.

Really your reraise should have been bigger to put him allin anyway. I asked this question because the last 8 times i've had people willing to get allin with me preflop on UB when i have KK, I've won 6. Once against AA, mostly against QQ and JJ, once the Queens hit. And i've had people call me preflop for $38 (third reraise allin) with 75o. I just think that you can't justify laying them down in these games, particularly not with a max buyin of $25 or $50.

11-29-2001, 02:10 AM
Yeah I have seen some bizarre hands calling raises and re-raising on Ultimate. 75o calling a huge raise seems a bit crazy, but he probably had a hunch.

In my particular hand, I could have re-raised all-in but I wanted all his money and I thought he may fold if I did go all-in.

Ken Poklitar