PDA

View Full Version : Foreign countries weigh in after the debate

vulturesrow
10-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Polish president says:
"It's sad that a Senator with twenty years of experience does not appreciate Polish sacrifice. . . . I don't think it's a question of ignorance. One thing has to be said very clearly: this Coalition is not just the United States, Great Britain and Australia, but there's also contribution of Polish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian and Spanish soldiers who died in Iraq. It's immoral to not see this involvement we undertook because we believe that we have to fight terrorism together, that we need to show international solidarity, that Saddam Hussein is a danger to the world.

"From such a perspective, you can say we are disappointed that our stance and the sacrifice of our soldiers is so marginalised. I blame it on electioneering--and a message, indirectly expressed by Senator Kerry--that he thinks more of a coalition that would put the United States together with France and Germany, that is those who in the matter of Iraq said 'no.'

"President Bush is behaving like a true Texan gentleman--he's fighting for the recognition of other countries' contribution in the Coalition."

And this from Reuters (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20041003/pl_nm/nuclear_iran_kerry_dc)

Foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said it would be "irrational" for Iran to put its nuclear program in jeopardy by relying on supplies from abroad.

"We have the technology (to make nuclear fuel) and there is no need for us to beg from others," Asefi told a weekly news conference.

Maybe Kerry can imply that the Polish President is a liar and puppet like Allawi.

SinCityGuy
10-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134432,00.html)

vulturesrow
10-05-2004, 12:16 AM
What does that article have to do with the fact that Kerry insulted the contributions that the Poles have made thus far?

wacki
10-05-2004, 01:06 AM
"Iran on Sunday rebuffed a proposal by U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) who has suggested supplying the Islamic state with nuclear fuel for power reactors if Tehran agrees to give up its own fuel-making capability."

I'm suprised they did this. Obviously they don't care if Bush or Kerry wins. If they were smart, they would of accepted the proposal and then in a month or two rejected it.