PDA

View Full Version : help.

11-28-2001, 03:49 AM
home-game no limit. 10-handed

the buy in is about 10 bucks but by now each has around 40 to 60 in front of them...i have everyone covered.

Some Info:

He's a new guy to our game [i've played w/ him a couple times before, he's tight-passive-weak] but other than that, is solid in terms of not being a loose maniac newbie.

the round before this, I had A-2 w/ the Ace of hearts on the button and it cost me 25 cents to call so i called. 9 way action.

FLOP: A-Kh-10h

All checked to me and I bet 3 bucks. Guy to my immediate left calls, the weak-tight-passive player calls, and everyone else folds.

11.25 in the pot.

Turn: 3h

I've picked up the nut flush draw w/ top pair, junky kicker.

Checked to me and I bet the pot [11.25], guy to my immedate left raises about half the pot more [which puts him all-in] [21.25 to go] and the weak-tight-passive takes a while to call, he takes a while so I thought I had him beat and I talk him into calling when he was about to fold. I wanted him in because I have the nut flush draw and felt I was already ahead w/ my top pair.

I called the raise.

River: blank.

What would u guys do now?

Comments, flames, questions, feel free to reply, and thanks for the inputs.

Results to come.

11-28-2001, 03:52 AM
He checked and I checked.

All in guy had K-9 for a pair of kings, and weak-tight had A-Q w/ Queen of hearts.

He told me that he thought the all in raiser had already made a flush and didn't want to draw.

Of course, had I kept my mouth shut I would've won...

OR, had I made any sizable bet on the river he would have folded but I never once considered that.

11-28-2001, 02:06 PM
I would muck A2o pre-flop.

On the flop I can't imagine you are ahead with 9 players in. It would be surprising that someone doesn't have a better Ace. That being said betting is not the worst play in the world.

On the turn I would check. Sure you have the nut flush draw but there is only 1 card to go. Once you are check-raised folding is a viable option but for another 11 it probably makes sense to call. I can't imagine you win unless you hit the flush or maybe your kicker.

I would check the river. Even though the weak-passive guy was thinking of folding the turn he did call a $21 bet.

Ken Poklitar