PDA

View Full Version : greed and AA

11-27-2001, 02:21 PM
N/L holden game

I'm on the button with AA, and of course all fold to me....so, I just call--small blind folds. leaving me alone with BB

flop QQ3- - - -the BB held Q3 ---I won't bother you with the rest of the story.

11-27-2001, 05:44 PM
Ahhhhh....Q3. Lady with a tre. Didn't your mamma tell you not to piss off the waitress? LMAO!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I'm not going to tell you that you played it wrong preflop...I wouldv'e played it the same way. So I'll just wish you a better flop next time.

11-27-2001, 06:19 PM
I WILL tell you that you played it wrong preflop, and here's why:

When it's folded to you on the button, it can be argued that there is no such thing as a "value" call. You should raise with most hands and fold with most of the rest. Most players believe that if you are calling, it's because you are playing "second hand low" and waiting to come over the top of a raise. So the BB is going to either win a big pot if he hits, or check-fold against any action by you after the flop. You can only make money two ways in these cases: 1. Take the blinds. 2. Get played back at by the blinds if they are putting you on a steal attempt. You have virtually no chance of winning more money by calling the blinds preflop.

A standard raise is the only play that makes sense in this particular circumstance.

Craig H.

11-27-2001, 10:10 PM
Q3 - the gay waiter

Sounds like you werent able to give up your AA after you were outflopped either....otherwise you wouldnt have known his holding. I agree that you should have made a raise and hope they put you on a blind steal. Oh well such is life.

= )

11-28-2001, 12:13 AM
Jim. If you lost your stack with the 2 aces go stand in the corner. I'll see u in Kinder....