PDA

View Full Version : if you play long enough...

11-27-2001, 01:44 PM
I posted this in the General, however thought it belonged here especially!

The say if you play long enough, you will see it all. My home game usually turns to pot-limit hold'em as the weaker players bust out and go home. One of the weaker players was having a pretty good night and decided to stay for the bigger game. For some reason, every pot seemed to be won with a really big hand. There was no such thing as top pair and kickers last night, that was for suckers.

The weaker winner, who is in the SB and first in calls the BB and BB raises the pot. The flop comes TdJcAc and the SB checks. BB bets the pot and the SB calls. The Tc hits on the turn and the BB get a big grin on his face and tells the SB to fold. He thought he was being polite...

SB then bets the pot and the BB looks at him in astonishment and tells him that he can't win. SB is kind enough to ask him to raise him and he thinks about it for a minute. SB flashes me his KcQc and I wait to see what happens. After a few minutes BB calls the bet, unsure of what is up. BB tells the SB that "Your flush can't win, why are you even in this one!" Obviously he mis-read the hand terribly. SB lays down his Kc and say "do you still think I have the flush?" He starts to get nervous and calls the bet and SB lays down the Qc and destroys his opponents quad tens.

Well, everyone was quite amazed that they actually saw the royal flush in person and even more amazed the way it was played. The river was never turned and the SB lost much money by not making those quads pay dearly, as we know he would have. It just goes to show you, the difference between a tough player and a weak one is that we all wait our whole lives to be in a pot limit game with the absolute nuts and have an opponent actually have a hand that is so strong he might have put his car keys in that pot. I have never seen a guy with a titles to cars, deeds to homes, and nights with wives should be won and lost /images/smile.gif and I was happy to see it in person.

G.