PDA

View Full Version : I'd Pay $200 For Ray's Shrthnd/NL Book...

11-26-2001, 10:01 PM
..so long as it was done Super/System style, with contributions from Steve Lott, Bobby Hoff & Carl McKelvey. The "tales from the trail", like Tommy Angelo mentioned in his WSOP column, alone would be worth it, never mind the technical info(Tommy oughta be strung up for not sneaking a tape recorder along to his dinner w/Steve & Bobby /images/smile.gif )

Although Ray is right that such a book would have no mass-market appeal, I believe it could be profitable as a limited edition, if not necessarily worth his time.

Of course, Ray could just simply talk into a tape recorder for a few hours and Mason could transcribe and print it verbatim with no editing. Works for TJ & Dana Smith.... And whatever happened to the Dan Harrington book? Has Dan retired like he said he might?

11-26-2001, 10:38 PM
poor ray, bet he wished he could take it all back about now....careful what ya wish for old buddy (heh)

11-27-2001, 02:32 AM
my main problem is i have a big mouth that accomadates my foot real easily.

11-27-2001, 02:36 AM
steve, bobby and carl are friends and i just as soon they didnt play any better as its tough enough trying not to get broke to them in a pot. and as for dan he is kinda retired and more lazy than i am.

11-27-2001, 08:43 AM
"Works for TJ & Dana Smith"

It may work but it doesn't work very well. We won't do books written at that quality level, and we also spend a great deal of time assuring that any information and advice that we publish is extremely accurate.

11-27-2001, 01:09 PM
thats why its no fun writing books with mason. every dam thing has to be right on and we go over and over all the ideas to make sure everything is correct. about the only thing ever gets missed is little typo errors or small stuff. i hate the guy, he just wants everything too good.

11-27-2001, 02:14 PM
what is "extremely accurate"---is that more accurate than accurate??

11-27-2001, 05:33 PM
It's amazing. Ray Zee would be nothing if it wasn't for me and this is the respect I get?

11-27-2001, 05:38 PM
Your question is more pertinent than you realize. It means that the material will not only be accurate but highly detailed as well with emphasis on what's really important. (This isn't easy to do and is why I have to listen to Ray and David's constant complaining about how hard I work them.) Thus if you study and are willing to do the appropriate work, have proper discipline, etc. you will be able to beat most poker games. Virtually no one else can make that claim.

11-27-2001, 06:03 PM
Virtually no one else can make that claim.

"Virtually" no one? That implies that there is someone, right? Who?

11-27-2001, 07:00 PM
Actually plenty of authors make that claim... they're just very wrong...

"send the rocks to the bar" my toe.

11-27-2001, 07:56 PM
Ray,

Put out a book as a CD rom. You can burn them at home. Find a college student in your neighboorhood to correct english and edit it. Then we can disect it like all the other books on this forum and you can sell it again in a revised edition. Just like Microsoft Windows. You can let Mason just sell the old books.

11-27-2001, 10:53 PM
Sounds like everyone really likes everyone else around here. I'm starting to feel sorry i bought this up, all these skeletons working the way out of the closet, and into the public eye. Maybe Mason and Ray could appear on celebrity death match.

11-27-2001, 11:16 PM
we are actually all one big happy family. the truth is i have never had a disagreement with mason.

11-28-2001, 12:10 AM
I must admit i vastly prefer the "i hate the guy" line. A bit of fun, games, and character assasination is what makes this place enjoyable.

11-28-2001, 06:29 PM
that you did not approve of dirty words on this forum.....then you go saying things like "discipline" and "work"

and besides that, that's so much trouble....just to win???

11-29-2001, 04:04 AM
You're right, "dirty" words are a no-no. But tecnical words are allowed, even if we find them distasteful.

11-29-2001, 04:05 AM
That should be "technical"

12-03-2001, 12:16 PM
I'd pay the $200!