PDA

View Full Version : Another Amazing UB no limit hand

11-26-2001, 05:47 PM
I have QQ in the small blind. This is one of the worst situations you can find yourself in in no limit hold'em.

Two weak limpers come in and I raise about $4 and they call.

Both limpers have about $40 and I can cover them.

The flop comes 279 rainbow. Woohoo. I bet $8, one limper calls.

Turn is a 3. I bet $15. He calls.

Now here comes the amazing part.

He's got about $15 left in front of him. The river brings an 8, so the board is 27938 rainbow.

I put him all-in while referring to Sklansky's Theory of Poker, Headup on the End chapter. In other words, he'll call me with lots and lots of worse hands but he'll only bet if checked to when he has a better hand than mine.

He calls with 58o. He rivered a pair of eights while drawing to his gutshot and called me for another $15! Now, I'm just trying to figure out what he put me on...

natedogg

11-26-2001, 06:49 PM
AK no doubt. I've noticed many of the players here will call big bets with very little because they suspect a bluff.

I was recently playing a hand where i was on the right of the preflop raiser, and made the K high flush on the turn. I checked it to him and as expected be became worried about a check raise and checked back. On the blank river i now bet $25 into the $4 pot, and he called with middle pair A kicker, trying to snap off my bluff. Pays to know your player.

And what is your handle on UB?

11-26-2001, 09:10 PM
"Pays to know your player.

And what is your handle on UB?"

Nate was born at night, just not last night!

nice try tho...heh

11-27-2001, 05:06 AM
My UB handle is "topgun". See you at the tables!

natedogg