PDA

View Full Version : a post about pot equity

Felipe
10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
I'd like to know what pot equity. Somebody want to explain it? Or can someone point me to a post (a URL link) with the explanation. Thanks

Felipe

Dan Mezick
10-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey Filipe,

You might consider Google for these kinds of questions.

Poker Glossary (http://conjelco.com/pokglossary.html)

[ QUOTE ]
Equity
Your "rightful" share of a pot. If the pot contains $80, and you have a 50% chance of winning it, you have $40 equity in the pot. This term is somewhat fanciful since you will either win $80 or $0, but it gives you an idea of how much you can "expect" to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan
10-04-2004, 08:52 PM
So far you've posted that you won $1000 playing 10/20 and 15/30 in a $200 BR, then you couldn't beat the .5/1 games at Party, now you don't know what pot equity is? I think you're really going backwards here. Also, you had another post that said you read SSH, that book talks a lot about pot equity, so why not look in there?

Are you Batman?

Felipe
10-04-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So far you've posted that you won $1000 playing 10/20 and 15/30 in a $200 BR, then you couldn't beat the .5/1 games at Party, now you don't know what pot equity is? I think you're really going backwards here. Also, you had another post that said you read SSH, that book talks a lot about pot equity, so why not look in there?

Are you Batman?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not batman - but you're abolutely right, I need more info. But if you can't help me out then, with respect, don't bother! Thanks!
Felipe

knightunner
10-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Felipe, I asked this question a few days ago where others went into detail on pot and folding equity. Search around on the Poker theory thread for a "folding equity" post.

~knight