PDA

View Full Version : TPWK - Turned 2 pair against possible tilter and an unknown

jasonHoldEm
10-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Looking over this hand now I think I made a number of poor decisions, I'd appreciate any comments you can give.

My main opponent (the BB) has lost several "close" hands in the last orbit, all to the same player (for example AT vs. A9 with A9 making two pair on the river, etc). Up until this point his play has seemed pretty acceptable; however just as this hand was being dealt he made several "frustration" comments into chat and I feel he might be tilting.

Poster just sat down and I've never played with him before so no reads. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

EDIT: Bisonbison's converter seems semi-broken (?) perhaps it hasn't been updated to use the hand histories stored on your hard-drive. Order is correct now.

Party 1/2 - 6 max (5 handed)

Hero is SB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, CO posts blind of $1

PREFLOP: UTG folds, CO (UnknownPoster) checks, button folds, hero raises, BB (PossibleTilter) 3-bets, UnknownPoster calls, Hero calls.

FLOP: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, PossibleTilter raises, Unknown calls two cold, Hero calls.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, PossibleTilter bets, UnknownPoster calls, Hero raises, PossibleTilter 3-bets, UnknownPoster calls, Hero calls

RIVER: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, PossibleTilter bets, Unknown calls, Hero calls

----

Looking back I'm not crazy about my raise preflop, I figured it was worth a shot to try and pick it up without a fight, but giving up position against two players (one of which is unknown and the other possible tilting) this was probably a poor decision (or very much so...).

Comments appreciated, I'll post results later.

Thanks,
J

J.R.
10-04-2004, 07:21 PM
I hate to say it but granny put a hex on that hand, and I don't think you have much "shania" value here as its 1-2 and people aren't that keen on what and how you are playing, and you are out of position against a tilter and CO poster, 2 types of opponents against whom you can't expect to have much postflop folding equity, which is what you need when you essentially "steal" form the sb with a crappy suited Q.

Postflop looks good, perhaps a turn cap is in order depending on level of tiltedness but otherwise your line is fine.

jasonHoldEm
10-04-2004, 08:48 PM
RESULTS
PossibleTilter had AA and apparently wasn't tilting (until after this hand /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ), Unknown had K8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, MHIG.

Strangely enough I didn't realize this was a granny until I was half-way through the hand, perhaps this is how I got around the hex. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks for the comments JR, I wasn't sure about the turn whether I should have bet out or c/r.

Peace,
J

J.R.
10-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Given the pot size and the unkown's preflop and flop calls of 2 bets, I don't know if 1) you can fold unkown by betting out and hoping the tilter raises and 2) by letting the tilter bet you can perhaps get a feel as to whether the unkown has a J, which leads into your check-raise when the unknown only calls. If you can't induce folds you might as well jam for value.

jasonHoldEm
10-04-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by letting the tilter bet you can perhaps get a feel as to whether the unkown has a J, which leads into your check-raise when the unknown only calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaah...exactly. I knew that's why I did it that way. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks,
J

J.R.
10-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Dolt, I didn't mean that unknowns call means he doesn't have a J but rather that the call means he doesn't have hand worthy of raising the turn, as you would be behind many of the hands the unkown would raise on the turn. Check-raising also ensures you get in two bets on the turn as tilter may not raise but seems fairly certain to bet, so you get more value for your hand. What you won't rate too likely to acheive is to fold the unkown if you bet and tilter raises, were this more likely than I might like betting out more as you can 3-bet and charge the unknown 2 bets but more importantly get value for your hand. Sop if tilter will riase bet and 3-bet, but if tilter won't raise but will bet check-raise, and if tilter isn't really a tilter and has gone limp bet (unlikely situtation).