PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit Omaha Death Hand

11-25-2001, 05:57 PM
Playing in a pot limit Omaha home game ($1 ante, $1 chips, no blinds...first to act can check or bet). I have Q-Q-5-J on the button (3-handed game), with the QJ suited. Its checked preflop (virtually no one bets before the flop in this game, it is not respected and I wanted to look at the flop first with this holding even short...right or wrong?). Flop comes 5-5-4r. Check to me, I bet the pot ($3). 1st player calls, 2nd folds. Turn is a 10. Checked to me, I bet $6, 1st player raises $10. What's your play...I wanted to fold b/c I thought it was likely he had A-5 or a boat and I would be forced to call a big river bet. Is this right or wrong? I, of course, did the idiot thing and called, paying off a big river bet as well only to be shown 5-10-A-6 for a turned boat (and I was drawing almost dead). Comments?

Jeff (I know I played this bad, be gentle)

11-25-2001, 09:18 PM
i would bet the hand on the flop hoping no one called. after you got one call i would be done with the hand unless i made a bigger full than the board on the flop unless the oppponent was a fool. if then i would bet on 4th as you did and fold to a raise even with ace five.