PDA

View Full Version : I taught my first class today

Michael Davis
10-04-2004, 06:30 PM
It was great. I wore a suit, one of the few on campus. Say what you want about overdressing being a bad thing in college, the facial reactions I got while walking around gave me plenty to work with.

One of the students in my class wrote "Poker is my biatch" on the "random info" section of his notecard. I'm not sure what to make of that.

-Michael

Nepa
10-04-2004, 06:34 PM
What class are you teaching? and Good luck!

Michael Davis
10-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Nepa,

I have to be scarce on the details, as some of the stuff I might say could be taken as criticism, and on the off chance that somebody reads this board and tells somebody who tells somebody and somebody finds out, I would be in trouble.

The answer to your question is easy. I am teaching Comparative Literature 2C, which is a writing intensive survey course examining the literature of the Enlightenment to the 20th Century. I am only teaching one section of the course.

-Michael

Blarg
10-04-2004, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am only teaching one section of the course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stud or hold'em?

Zeno
10-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Congratulations. I remember my first class; I was very nervous taking roll but finally calmed down. Anyway, I taught a Science Lab class. One semester I had an evening class and I used to wear my Surfer shorts, a bullwinkle tee shirt, and flip flops to class. No joke. I was one cool dude. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hope you enjoy it. It can be both very challenging, frustrating, and fun.

-Zeno