PDA

View Full Version : misreading the bible?

fryKing
10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Haven't posted in forever but I am making a renewed effort to tighten up my game.

SSH was of course going through my mind as I made this flop raise, but I'm not at all sure it was the right play. Calling seems worse and folding seems very weak but second opinions are always welcome.
If you think the flop raise is incorrect, is it because
a) my hand is too weak to ever make this play
b) this pot is too small to make this play, but if it were larger it's OK.

Comments about calling it down the rest of the way are also appreciated.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Surfbullet
10-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Don't fold the flop! You've got top pair and a backdoor str8.

I like this flop raise, it protects your top-pair hand quite nicely. This is a good play because the pot is unraised and you can protect your hand now - there are lots of overcards that could hit on the turn.

On the turn your effective odds to go to showdown are around 3.25:1, so the likelihood of him having A/images/graemlins/club.gif x/images/graemlins/club.gif or a weakly played AJ must be considered.

Along with your outs to improve and implied odds of raising a river bet if you hit 2 pair or trips, IMO it is ok to go to showdown.

Surf

crockpot
10-04-2004, 06:56 PM
i think all your decisions are standard unless you have a read on the player.