PDA

View Full Version : Folding Overcards?

akh911007
10-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Since I've tried to move up to 2/4, playing overcards postflop has becomes more of a challenge. I never know when to drop them? Any thoughts on this hand would be appreciated. Thanks,

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.25 BB, between UTG+2, MP1 and Hero.</font>

Homer315
10-04-2004, 05:57 PM
I suck at overcards, so take what I say with a grain of salt. This may be very weak, but I think I fold the river here. MP may have a set already, and the king didn't slow him down at all. He could easily have K-J, in addition to a set. Once the UTG player bets the river and MP calls, I think you have to fold. If MP folded, I would probably make a crying call. Here though, UTG bet into two players who had been crazy in raising and re-raising. I think very few people would try to bluff out multiple players in this spot. Once the MP calls, I have to think that I'm probably beat by UTG, and even if I'm not, MP is willing to call what seems to be a certain flush, regardless. If you knew that MP was a maniac, maybe you might call the river, but you still have the problem of the UTG player betting into two people who like their hand a lot.

me454555
10-04-2004, 06:02 PM
I like to call the flop here and have gone away from raising in theses spots.

The pot is too big for you to fold here for 1 bet and assuming everyone calls the pot will be pretty big on the turn too. I'd rather call here and if I hit on the turn, be able to raise mp2 and face everyone with 2 double sized turn bets instead of 2 flop bets.

Stu Pidasso
10-04-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (13.50 SB) 2, J, 9 (4 players)
UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, Button folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would get away from this hand when MP1 comes out betting. The flop missed you. You can't be sure of your outs. Consider the action up to this point, your position sucks big-time.

Stu