PDA

View Full Version : AKo becomes TPTK w/ nut flush draw

SlyAK
10-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Prima 1/2 NL 200 max.

I am in MP with about $275, villain is Button with $197.

Villain is decent, not involved in too many pots, but does try a few moves here and there, (occasional FPS).

I have been tight and agg. as usual.

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I open raise to $8 and am min-raised by the button. Blinds fold I call. Pot = $31.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, Button bets $30, I move all-in.

Good, bad or ugly?

Sly

bunky9590
10-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Looks okay to me, I just hope he doesn't have KK or AA. Though your not dead to those either.

okayplayer
10-04-2004, 05:45 PM
I'd say it's a good move, and just hope he doesn't have KK. Even AA you're about a coinflip.

Ben
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
At first I didn't like your push, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

I think your move has fantastic fold equity. Your biggest worry is KK and you'll win that one 30% of the time (AA is 43%).

My concern at first was that your huge raise will only get called by hands that have a good shot at beating you. However, there's just not that much that you're behind. I suppose the only weakness I can point to is that you're folding out hands that might have paid you off more.

-Ben

SlyAK
10-04-2004, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose the only weakness I can point to is that you're folding out hands that might have paid you off more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see him paying me off with many hands I have beaten here. If a 4th spade falls he is going to fold to any action. If I flat call I am sure that he is going to suspect that I am pretty strong here, and he will probably not call any additional bets unless he has me beaten. IE (AA, KK).

Really my thoughts of his min re-raise was that he probably had a small-medium pocket pair, or AK and was hoping to 'take control of the pot' with the re-raise preflop.

Sly

SlyAK
10-05-2004, 02:55 AM
He thinks about it until his timer runs out, so he folds. (I hate it when people dont just fold instead of letting the time run out and then pretend that they arent around for 3 hands... annoying).

Anyway, my real hope was that he would call with AK and I would be free-rolling for my flush. The only hand I really feared too much was KK as everyone already said, and at least I am drawing very live there.

Thanks for the replies.

Sly