PDA

View Full Version : NL25 Monster Hand at Party >>

memphis_aces
10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Party 10seat NL25 table....i'm in Early Position with $90. Primary action is with one seat after me "CrazyGerbil".

Can't get the handconverter to work here at work so I'll do this manually...

Dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I limp for .50 (was up big and to this point was playing very well postflop against this group so I was seeing a lot of flops)

The Villian (CrazyGerbil) min-raises to $1
3 callers to me, so I figure it's worth a call (albeit a loose one)

FLOP: J /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Two checks to me so I put $4 down (~potsize)
Villian Rases me to $8 which gets me thinking....
Folded around to me...I struggle with the decision.
Did he raise me preflop with QT giving him the straight? I didn't think so.... AK was a possibility but again, a small raise for that hand.
Screw it...I call.

TURN: K /images/graemlins/club.gif [J /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

That gives me KKKJJ....however I check.
Villian goes all-in for his last 14-15 bucks or so

What do you think he has? What do you do?....

I'll post the outcome in a bit.

The4thFilm
10-04-2004, 05:18 PM
If you fold this you should be banned.

Kaz The Original
10-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Or at the very least have "weak tight" branded across your forehead.

memphis_aces
10-04-2004, 05:25 PM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Naw...of course I called. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks he might have....or if anyone would have played any street differently....

The4thFilm
10-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Party 25NL...he could have anything. Just worry about your own cards.

bunky9590
10-04-2004, 06:24 PM
uh, call.

Ben
10-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Easy fold--Party is rigged.

memphis_aces
10-05-2004, 09:54 AM
I agree with everyone who said to call....and I obviously did....as quickly as is humanly possible.

Turns out....the guy had AA for AAAKK over my KKKJJ /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Was I an idiot for not putting him on that hand? with the min-raise preflop I just couldn't see it....

djoyce003
10-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Sometimes, but not all the time, i'll play AA a little slow to see if I can win a monster pot. I'll do a raise I think is big enough to get it down to 1 or 2 opponents, but not big enough to run them off all together. Then when you get a flop that hits both of you like this one, you can win their whole stack. I've made aces full over someone elses kings full, jacks full, queens full etc several times this way and each time I took down their whole stack. I figured he had aces before i got to the end of this thread. Of course this is my first post so i'm a bit of a noob.