PDA

View Full Version : QQ again, PLH

11-23-2001, 07:08 AM
PLH, blinds are 1-2, stacks range from 80 to 1700, I have about 1300.

A little history: a player (maniac) with about 200 has been raising the last 7 hands preflop, sometimes reraising a raiser. He has never shown a winner, lost a bundle. Quite obviously, he is on tilt.

I have QQ in middle position. two limpers to me, one has me covered, I limp, knowing Maniac will raise for sure (on the button), everybody folds to maniac, who raises pot. Blinds and limpers call.

Question 1: Should I reraise here? I figure I have the best hand, the other callers will almost surely drop, except maybe for AK or JJ. The maniac might drop, or call, maybe even reraise, crapshoot in my opinion.

I decide to call, figuring I might flop a set and get a monster pot. I have very good relative position since the maniac is to my left and will surely bet when checked to, trapping the field in the middle.

Flop comes JJx. Not great, but maybe a good flop for me. Everybody checks to maniac who bets pot. The other players drop, up to me.

He bet about 66 and has another 125 or so left.

Question 2: What would you do?

I decide to call him down, not really knowing what he has, but he would pretty much bet with everything. I did not raise to give him a chance to bluff his whole stack. Turn comes K (darn!)he moves in, I stick to the plan and call. river K.

He has JT, and I was drawing pretty slim...

Next hand he raises before flop, gets reraised, one caller, maniac reraises to about 80, raiser drops, caller calls and wins with a rivered pair of Qs! Unfortunately our maniac is broke now and decides to bet horses instead...

Stephan

11-23-2001, 08:03 AM
Definitely should have reraised preflop. The pot is big enough now, and you want to play heads up with the looney. Admittedly he would have called or reraised preflop, and won, but at least you are getting all your money in as a 81% chance of winning the pot.

11-23-2001, 05:19 PM
Mr. Peterson,

that is what I thought...afterwards. Well, you know how it is, I am usually smarter after the fact.

Anyway, I agree that I misplayed the hand before the flop, a reraise would have won the pot right there.

I also think that I misplayed the hand on the flop. He was betting into a whole field of players, anyone of them could have slowplayed a jack to trap him and the rest. So even though he was a maniac, I should have given him credit for some kind of hand. But it was hard to lay down heads up against him after seeing him give away his money in 7 or so consecutive games with the same situation...

Thx for comments.

Stephan