PDA

View Full Version : WTF are they expecting?

Martin Aigner
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Sorry, I know itīs not really the right forum, but since it occurs that often in SnGs I post it here anyway.

Every other time when Iīm heads up in a SnG there comes some guy at the table and asks for the winner to transfer him $50 since he had a bad run lately. Now WTF are these guys expecting? The first time I read something like that I had to laugh, since I thought it to be a joke. But now there are so many guys out there asking that I doubt all of them are kidding. On the other side I doubt even more that even 1%o of the players would transfer 50$, so this canīt be a too lucrative thing to do.

I really wonder what these guys are thinking.

Martin Aigner

MrFeelNothin
10-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Martin I've been having some real bad beats lately, could you transfer me some money, sn the_dankone>>>>

RavenJackson
10-04-2004, 05:10 PM
This is the on-line equivalent of the squigee guys at the stoplight [virtual panhandling]. I guess the assumption is players are more generous after they win a SnG. I think a lot of underage players who do not have the means to deposit funds on-line attempt to have other players transfer money to their account. In fact, wasn't there a panhandler on 2+2 last month?

LinusKS
10-04-2004, 06:06 PM
You know, if you c&p'd, you could probably cover a lot of tables that way.

Better yet, if you could get a bot to do it for you...

DoctorJ
10-04-2004, 11:51 PM
It's the same reason telemarketers annoy 99.5% of the population - and know that they will ahead of time. They only need .5% to pay for the costs of the other 99.5% plus a healthy profit. In this situation - it's even better - there is no investment of $$ to beg - only time, which is probably worthless for these folks anyway.

Just my 2 cents...

Doctor J

chill888
10-05-2004, 02:53 AM
It seemed to me that at Stars about 6 months ago, begging was a bigger problem. Then people started to threaten to report - or did report - and it reduced dramatically.

stupidsucker
10-05-2004, 03:08 AM
I have never seen a begger at the party SnGS.

I used to have a readymade email for beggars at stars. I didnt threaten, I just emailed it with their name tabel name etc..

Gigabet
10-05-2004, 04:23 AM
if i am online for 8 hours i get at least 30 private messages from people I don't know who want money, who want help, who want everything. I block them when i get them, and then they just go in the room i am playing and ask openly in the chat window. I tell you what, you might laugh to yourself, but i get very tired of it. I am about finished playing with gigabet, for that reason.