PDA

View Full Version : AA on coordinated board

ayecappy
10-04-2004, 03:53 PM
this hand sort of bothered me and i cant figure out how i shouldve played it. Any advice appreciated.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

jluker7
10-04-2004, 04:02 PM
First this should be posted in micros, for valid reasons.

Second the turn is terrible, IF your going to call here, why do you fold to a 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif?

Moozh
10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Cap the flop, I'd probably raise the turn and slow down after that.

Still, how could you call the turn and fold the river? This fold is horrendous. You're getting near 14.5:1 on this call. This means you have to win 7% of the time here to break even. SEVEN PERCENT!!!! There's no flush out. possible straights for JT, T6, and 56. Do you think you might be up against a hand like A8 or K8 maybe 7% of the time here? Bad fold! Bad bad bad fold! Shame on you!

jluker7
10-04-2004, 04:05 PM
You would cap the flop? Then raise the turn, after he still bets into you? I think that is a bit much, Maybe Cap flop, and call down. I dont even like that.

Moozh
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Hmm, I would be ok with capping and calling down the turn if he still bets out. When our hero called the three-bet on the flop (and didn't raise), he was letting the villian know that he thought the villian was ahead. Thus, the villian betting out on the turn is expected. If the hero caps the flop (telling the villian that our hero believes in his hand) and the villian still bets out, then I guess calling down would probably be better.

jluker7
10-04-2004, 04:31 PM
But Villian 3 bet on the flop, this means something. Then he bet out on the scary turn card, what hands can we beat there with AA, that he can 3 bet on the flop. I think calling down is bad. I would have folded the turn.

Edit: Maybe thats wrong, but this board sucks.

ayecappy
10-04-2004, 04:33 PM
ty for ur criticism. My thoughts on the river was something like "what mess have i put myself in, i wont lose more money in this pot if i fold". To me it feels like i shouldve folded the turn when the nine came or perhaps called it down for 2 more bets. Like you pointed out calling on the turn and folding for a blank on the river is horrible. At the flop i was concerned he had flopped a set that he was protecting against the possible straight considering his aggressiveness on the flop.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-04-2004, 04:45 PM
if you put your opponnent on something like say 87 for two pair, then calling the turn and folding the river is the right move. it's not *always* horrible to call turns and fold to river blanks. it depends on the circumstance.

that given i woulda called the river because it's party .5/1.00