PDA

View Full Version : NoCal 3-6

bww
10-04-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm in BB with Ac8c, 7 callers preflop and I check

Turn is Kc-Qs-6c

I bet(should i have checkraised as someone would have surely bet) and everyone calls but one

Turn 6d, I check , Bet, Raise, Reraise,fold,fold fold

Do I continue with the hand?

bww
10-04-2004, 01:57 PM
What if I bet the turn and was raised , then reraised
Does this change anything

Tapped Out in NYC
10-04-2004, 02:02 PM
This is a tough one considering that you could be drawing dead. Also, you can't be certain that the original turn bettor could fold for 2 more bets. You also can't be certain that betting won't be capped.

For arguments sake, lets say the turn is capped and all 4 players are still in the hand. That leaves 19.5 BBs in the pot (not included the 4 that you put in on the turn). This gives you about 4.75-1 odds going from the turn to the river, assuming you have 9 outs. Now, adding to the fact that you could be drawing dead, none of your 9 outs are clean as you could make your flush, but that same river card could give someone a full house.

IMO, you need much longer odds to continue in this hand.

Yeknom58
10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
With so many people in the hand it's probably safest just to bet but if you were to CR that's also a viable option. Just be sure that if you check and the bet comes from LP you probaby want to just call as you don't want to shut anyone out.

The odds are not quite there and sometimes you'll be drawing dead. On the other hand the 3 bet doesn't automatically mean you're drawing dead. More times then not this is a hand like 76 or 56 and you are drawing very live. When you add in the fact that you will likely get calls in at least 2 places on the river if you hit your flush I think this is a call.