PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Table Tourney Victory

4spades
10-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Just like to send out a thank you to all the regular posters on this forum. I don't make to many posts, mainly because I browse the forum at work and have no poker converter on my machine here. The advice given has been very influential in my recent success.

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to poker but I've made the most of it lately. Last week was a good week for me, ring games went well and finished in the money 9 out of 10 SnG's, winning 7 ($5 and $10, unsustainable yes, but a nice rush). The best party was my first multi-table tournament victory. A $10 NL rebuy on the Gaming Club. I was on the short stack for most of tourney, not from bad play but lack of cards really. Typically I would want to stay close to the average stack size but I've learned to ignore that statistic because that can typically lead to bad decisions with weak cards. Patient play paid off and managed to stay ahead of the blinds enough to make the final table, entering 9/10. The cards began to come at the correct time and with some nice play my stack grew. I believe the key hand for me was when I flopped top two (KJ I believe) against a board with 3 spades. I fire a small bet out there and a player who I had a good read on took some time before just making a call. Hmmmm.... typically a re-raise is expected from him?!?!? Something fishy hear! After checking the turn and a min bet from him, I laid it down and he was kind enough to show me A-5 spades.

I took the chip lead with seven remaining when the poker gods were kind enough to bless me with Q-7o in the BB and a flop of 7-7-Q, with three limpers. My stack ended up all in by the river against two callers and I triple up.

My 3-way and heads up play was great, thanks to this forum, and the my tournament victory was achieved when I called is K-8 all in with K-J. Although it was only a $400 payday it was an awesome feeling to get that first win.

Sorry for rambling a bit but the point was to say thanks to all posters on this formum for the awesome advice (I don't want to name names because I've read so many posts that have contributed to my game and don't want to forget anyone!).

-4spades

Newman
10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Congrats, and I look forward to making a post like this when I win one worth mentioning.

Just from the few months of browsing this forum I know my game has improved immensely.

regisd
10-04-2004, 06:17 PM
congrats!

uaw420rook
10-04-2004, 08:44 PM
congrats. those gaming club tourneys can be tough at times. a good win in my book.