PDA

View Full Version : The worst no limit play ever?

11-20-2001, 03:45 AM
UltimateBet .25/.50

I am in the big blind with 58o. Several players limp.

All players have about $50.

I flop a straight and bet $2. A late position player calls. We'll call him Sucker of the Century. The small blind calls.

I bet $6 on the turn which is a 2.

The Sucker of the Century calls.

The river is an A. I bet $15, the SotC raises all in. I call with what is STILL the nuts, and he shows me QQ.

hunh?

Let me get this straight:

"QQ, cool! Look, five limpers. I better limp too. Wow, what an innocuous flop. My hand is probably good. I'll just smooth call in case he's fishing for an ace. Ooooooo that deuce probably didn't help anyone. Maybe he's drawing dead, so I'll just smooth call in case he wants to bluff again. HOLY COW! AN ACE ON THE RIVER! Wait, I have QQ. Now that I think about it, he might have KK. Well, it's a possibility . I better raise all in to push him off KK if he has it."

natedogg

11-20-2001, 06:00 AM
Nate,

"QQ, cool! Look, five limpers. I better limp too."

Come on, dude, this is a HPFAP play. Like it matters that its no limit? Think "malmuthian".

"Wow, what an innocuous flop"

Huh?... it wasn't three suited.

"My hand is probably good. I'll just smooth call in case he's fishing for an ace."

Well, its quite common isn't it? With several limpers in, the blind can muscle his way through with a crisp deuce on the flop. I saw Bobby Hoff do that once. Well, he kind of looked like Bobby Hoff.

"AN ACE ON THE RIVER! Wait, I have QQ. Now that I think about it, he might have KK. Well, it's a possibility . I better raise all in to push him off KK if he has it."

You've got this all wrong, dude. All wrong. Haven't you heard the term "value bet"?

/images/smile.gif

11-20-2001, 07:02 PM
Don't complain; be grateful that he played with you.

11-21-2001, 01:15 PM
God bless America! Nothing like an early Christmas gift.

11-21-2001, 10:35 PM
I am truely amazed at the quality of No Limit players on Ultimate. I mostly stick to the .10-.25 tables and the plays I see make me laugh. There certainly are some decent and good players but for every 1 good, you get 2 or 3 bad.

Ken Poklitar

11-23-2001, 06:52 AM
I must agree apart from Norm and Ted, there isn;t much class at the tables. Goddamn that Norm's good though.

11-23-2001, 09:06 AM
Some bad ones...

michstud25

Tuco Ramirez

JacKyL

The Roman

11-25-2001, 06:25 AM

11-26-2001, 12:57 PM
Someone named Norm said Hi to me. I would assume that was you. I don't think I have played against Norm or Ted.

Ken Poklitar