PDA

View Full Version : Entering higher buy-in Tournaments

Walter Pullis
10-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Every hold'em expert says that in cash limit games you should start low (3-6) and then move up to higher limits after you have had some success.
Are no-limit tournaments different in this regard?
I play B&M low buy-in($100 or less) no-limit tournaments. I consider myself a decent player but it is almost impossible to put a move on players in these tournaments because many have no skill or just don't pay attention. Should I move up to $300-$500 buy-in tournaments? I can afford the increase easily.

mntbikr15
10-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Seems to me if you can afford it then why not. Sure the higher buy in tourneys see more skilled players but hardly enough that would change much for you.

MLG
10-04-2004, 12:00 PM
there are all sorts of reasons to move up, not being able to "put a move on" players at the lower level is not one of them. If you cannot figure out (or chose not to implement) the adjustments you need to make to these players, then you are probably not ready to move up in skill-level. However, if the money isnt an issue, and you are playing for fun and recreation, and you will enjoy the higher buy-ins more, then go for it.