PDA

View Full Version : Most inept jackass in MLB history....maybe even world history

kerssens
10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Jay Buhner

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Paul Phillips....
Cris Brown....
Kerssens /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But a big vote has to go to Larry Walker.

Toro
10-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Harry Frazee
Tom Yawkey
John Harrington/Dan Duquette

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 11:59 AM
this one should be obvious, but Jose Canseco.

M2d
10-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Al Campanis

andyfox
10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Remember when the Yankees got him, and Torre didn't want him? They sent him up to pinch hit in one post-season game, can't remember what series, and he stood there with the bat on his shoulder, strike one, strike two, strike three. It was almost like he did it on purpose.

Ruben Sierra has got to be high up on the list too. When the Yankees got rid of him the first time, he said, "All they care about is winning."

Duh!

kerssens
10-04-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ruben Sierra has got to be high up on the list too. When the Yankees got rid of him the first time, he said, "All they care about is winning."

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually said that?? wow

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Any amount of respect I had for Canseco disappeared the day he beat up his girlfriend. It was all down hill from there. The ball bouncing of his head, him pitching, floating from team to team, playing semi-pro ball with his brother because he had "love for the game", as if he ever did. Canseco may take the cake as being the dumbest POS waste of talent in the history of the game. Oh, also his ADMITTED use of steroids and his disgustingly shameful book.

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] See, Ruben should be happy that there is a team like the Yankees out there. They are really the only team who can afford to carry around a player like Sierra. That just shows his stupidity then because he should never bite the hand that heads him, and in his case, the Yankees are the only one that can feed him.

WDC
10-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Tommy Herr after he was traded to the Twins.

Rushmore
10-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Albert Belle

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 02:24 PM
no way Belle is on this list. If he hadn't had that injury he would probably still be playing, and more than likely on his way to the HoF.

He was a jackass though.

kerssens
10-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Jackass...yes but he was not inept

Boris
10-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Did Buhner slip a boner to your girl? I always thought he was an OK guy.

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 02:50 PM
don't get him started.... well actually get him started /images/graemlins/cool.gif

CCass
10-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Juan Gonzalez can't be far from the top of this list.

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 03:50 PM
are you basing that off the last couple seasons? Cuz he was a beats for a while.

kerssens
10-05-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did Buhner slip a boner to your girl? I always thought he was an OK guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought wrong

andyfox
10-05-2004, 02:44 PM
The three biggest jackasses in the history of MLB were Ty Cobb, Rogers Hornsby, and Ted Williams. But they were not inept; they could all play a little.

daryn
10-05-2004, 02:47 PM
yeah what an [censored] that ted williams was. he left baseball in the prime of his career to go fight in ww2.

ThaSaltCracka
10-05-2004, 02:49 PM
most baseball historians agree that Williams was not well liked because of his personality. He was very much his era's Bonds(minus the steroid accusations).

BTW, you forgot Korea too.

daryn
10-05-2004, 02:54 PM
that's funny, the only reason i hate bonds is because i believe he's on steroids. if he was just a cocky guy who was a great player, i wouldn't hate him, might actually like him.

a lot of people get pissed when a guy is really cocky for some reason. i love it. if you are that damn good, then you have the right to be cocky.

doughhater
10-05-2004, 02:55 PM
This one's easy, even for a Cubs fan like me:

Sammy Sosa

This whiny baby strikes out more than the one through three hitters on most teams, and might be the worst fielder ever. I think his base running ineptitude is overshadowed only by that of Moises Alou.

ThaSaltCracka
10-05-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love it. if you are that damn good, then you have the right to be cocky.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. I actually think its funny when someone is like that.

kerssens
10-05-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love it. if you are that damn good, then you have the right to be cocky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. I actually think its funny when someone is like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Solid players

ddollevoet
10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Bud Selig

ThaSaltCracka
10-05-2004, 05:53 PM
wow, you just said the best possible answer.

Rushmore
10-05-2004, 08:22 PM
OK, OK. You're right.

But what a buffoonish clown.

Oski
10-05-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bud Selig

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. He is an easy mark, but look at baseball today. It seems to be in good shape. Sure, everything may have gone this well after the strike with anyone else ... but, Selig is the one in charge, so he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Campanis is another misguided answer. What is said on national television was ugly for sure. However, he was visibly drunk and was not expecting to be interviewed that night ... someone else was ill so he was summoned.

Actions speak much louder than words. Many within baseball, and not just those in the Dodger org. have attested that Campanis was a decent man, and that fateful interview did not provide a proper context of his beliefs. Nevertheless, he did say what he said, fine. That does not change the fact Campanis was very competent in his field.

ddollevoet
10-06-2004, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bud Selig

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. He is an easy mark, but look at baseball today. It seems to be in good shape. Sure, everything may have gone this well after the strike with anyone else ... but, Selig is the one in charge, so he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy mark? If the shoe fits...

I think you give Selig more credit than he deserves for the "state of baseball." Take a hard look at he has run the Milwaukee Brewers for the last few years.

Oski
10-06-2004, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bud Selig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy mark? If the shoe fits...

I think you give Selig more credit than he deserves for the "state of baseball." Take a hard look at he has run the Milwaukee Brewers for the last few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't make out what you are saying:

Are you saying that since he has not been running the Brewers over the last few years, Selig has proven his relative ineptness because the Brewers are now flourishing?

Or, are you saying that even though Selig has not been running the Brewers over the last few years, when he turned the team over in trust, he left it in such bad shape that it could not be turned around?

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Oski,
Let me explain something to you, and you tell me if this makes any sense. Three years ago Bud Selig wanted to contract some teams in baseball. One of these teams was the Minnesota Twins, a team with a more storied history than a lot of teams, but most certainly more so than Milwaukie. Selig never mentioned contracting Milwaukee even though they have been terrible for as long as I can remember. Instead, with Seligs help, Milwaukee gets a new stadium, an all star game(which was an absolute failure) and he tries to contract his only real regional competition. Do you still think this guy is good for the game? And don't even get me started on the whole Expos debacle, which has gone on during his watch, and the steroid scandal. Selig is a total push over commish who helps out the rich owners of the league, and doesn't give a [censored] about fans or any small market teams(unless they play in Milwaukee and are ran by his [censored] daughter).

TSC /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oski
10-06-2004, 11:23 AM
That's fine, I have no problem with that point of view. Just read what the thread is about, please: Most inept jackass in MLB history ... . This is not "Hey who is your favorite losing baseball owner?" I don' like the guy, but I am responding within the proper context of the thread.

Despite all the negative things you point out about Selig, baseball is still in very good shape these days (despite the steroid scandal, market inequities, and strike).

You point out he is a pushover. In fact, he's a puppet. A puppet has no free will, therefore his actions cannot fairly be judged.

Selig has done what the other baseball owners have wanted him to do ... and he's done it for many years. Because baseball is in better shape now then when he "took over" Selig cannot properly be called inept.

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Oski,
My buddy started the thread partly as a joke because he hates Buhner so much, but once someone said Selig, I will have to agree with them. He has easily been the most inept person in baseball for atleast the past 10 years.

Listen, if you can look what past Selig tried to do in Minnesota that's fine, but I can't. Its the type of move we all should expect from an ex used car salesman. Plus his total dogging of Montreal is inexcusable IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Despite all the negative things you point out about Selig, baseball is still in very good shape these days (despite the steroid scandal, market inequities, and strike).

[/ QUOTE ] All the good things in baseball are happening, not because of Selig but because the respective owners in winning cities are running their teams right. The three things you listed though as negatives are things though that can be directly attributed to an ineffective commish. Selig doesn't push the steroid issue, he just gives watered down speeches. He does little or nothing to keep teams with huge payrolls in check, and baseball barely avoided a strike.

[ QUOTE ]
You point out he is a pushover. In fact, he's a puppet. A puppet has no free will, therefore his actions cannot fairly be judged.

[/ QUOTE ] His actions maybe not, but you can certainly judge a man. His puppet status just shows how much of a pussy he is, and everyone knows pussy's can't run companies.

Knockwurst
10-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Broadway producer and Boston Red Sox owner Harry Frazzee, who traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees so he could produce No, No, Nanette.

Also Bill Buckner, who is not a bad guy, but whose level of ineptitude does rise to the level of a jackass.

Toro
10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Broadway producer and Boston Red Sox owner Harry Frazzee, who traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees so he could produce No, No, Nanette.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late. See Toro post reply dated 10/04/04

Knockwurst
10-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Sooree. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kerssens
10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just read what the thread is about, please: Most inept jackass in MLB history ... . This is not "Hey who is your favorite losing baseball owner?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Cracka, stop trying to hijack the post...bastard

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 02:46 PM
I do believe Selig is part of MLB. The title of the thread is not most inept player, it is most inept jackass, ergo Selig is that man.

You bastard.

kerssens
10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
touche

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 02:50 PM
douche you bastard

kerssens
10-06-2004, 02:53 PM
wasn't calling you a douche...I was saying touche to your response about Selig....first I was just pointing out that it was kinda silly of Oski to think that there was a structure to this thread..now take back that second bastard you dirty whore

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 02:55 PM
I was calling you a douche and there is absolutely no structure to any of these threads.

You bastard. I own you at Halo!

kerssens
10-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Ah....so it was I that misunderstood your post, interesting

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 03:05 PM
maybe.... or did you?