PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see SNL this Saturday?

jagoff
10-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Look at that a non sports post. Anyway, if you missed it you missed one of SNL's greatest commercials. Yes better than Schmidt's Gay, Happy Fun Ball (for Christ Sake's don't taunt Happy Fun Ball), and Robot Insurance. It was a take off of the ED pill Lavitra. It was called Dr. Porkenheimer's Boner Juice! Oh Christ, I haven't laughed that hard or out loud at a SNL skit for quite some time. Good times

sprmario
10-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I find it hard to believe any commercial can possibly be funnier than Schmidt's Gay. That came out while I was in college and we must have watched it a million times on tape. That entire episode was one of the best ever.

I'll have to download the episode off bittorent or something.

M2d
10-04-2004, 12:04 PM
too bad the rest of the show pretty much blew.

I did like the first musical number, though.

Clarkmeister
10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
I watched simply because they always do a good job with the debates. This time was no exception. I wasn't as thrilled with the rest of the show though, I gave up sometime after the irritating Debbie Downer skit or the equally silly Bonerjuice commercial. I don't remember which was last. Basically, I made it to Nelly's first act and flipped it off.

nolanfan34
10-04-2004, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, I made it to Nelly's first act and flipped it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even make it quite that far. Who co-anchored Weekend Update now that Jimmy Fallon is gone?

M2d
10-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Amy Poehler

From http://www.fallonfey.com/

POEHLER: One of the big stories that we missed this summer was Governor Jim McGreevey's announcement that he is gay and will resign amid the gay related scandal involving Golan Cipel, an Israeli former staffer.
FEY: To get the local perspective on the issue, Weekend Update would like to present an editorial from this New Jersey resident...
GANDOLFINI: How ya doin'? First of all, I'd like to thank you for letting me be here, and here's a little token of my appreciation.
FEY: Wow, a DVD player. Thank you.
GANDOLFINI: It's, uh, Sanyo, it's a good one. And, if I knew you were gonna be here I woulda brought one for you too, sweetheart.
POEHLER: That's okay, I'm good.
GANDOLFINI: Yea, you are.
POEHLER: Would you like to sit down?
GANDOLFINI: No, I'm gonna stand, in case I wanna leave.
FEY: So, your editorial about Jim McGreevey...
GANDOLFINI: Yea, I'm getting to it. Look, I didn't wanna talk about this McGreevey stuff but I can't keep my mouth shut anymore. I mean, so the guy's a fanook. He had an affair. Every married guy's got some action on the side. In this case, in the behind. But instead of just paying the guy's rent and banging him in the penguin house behind the zoo, McGreevey puts his guy on the payroll.
FEY: ...and I think part of the..
GANDOLFINI: Whoa, don't interrupt me when I'm talking.
FEY: Sorry.
GANDOLFINI: As I was saying. You never mix business with pleasure. Unless that business is prostitution.
FEY: But people also feel that Golan Cipel..
GANDOLFINI: Whoa, whoa. Come on. You got a nice face.
FEY: Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you.
GANDOLFINI: Well, use your head. Anyway, I support the guy, but he made some big mistakes. Not only did he put his boyfriend on the payroll, he put him in charge of Homeland Security. Everybody knows the big guys handle security and the Jews watch the money.
FEY: Alright, okay, let's not stereotype people.
GANDOLFINI: Sorry sweetheart. I didn't know you were one of the Chosen People.
FEY: I'm not, but you can't say stuff like that.
GANDOLFINI: I just did. Anyway, I said what I had to say. And, it was nice meeting you, and, the mouthy one I'm not so sure.
FEY: That is the scariest man I've ever been attracted to.

FEY: According to reports, Britney Spears has told family and close friends that she and her new husband, Kevin Federline, are expecting their first child. So far no word on whether it will be a Pimp or a Ho.

POEHLER: A Pakistani man who convinced his infertile wife to have an operation so they could have children was arrested after he got the doctors to cut out one of her kidneys instead, so he could sell it and then divorce her. Ugh, that's just rude.
FEY: Tell me about it. That's what Jimmy did to me. I thought he loved me, it turned out he was just trying to steal my kidney.
POEHLER: Oh my god. I'm sorry to hear that, Tina.
FEY: No, it's fine. I'm over it. Actually, I think this is gonna work out really well between me and you... because, it's got good energy. It's gonna be kinda cool.. like that movie Monster.
POEHLER: Yea..?
FEY: You saw that movie Monster, right?
POEHLER: Yea...are you gonna kill me?
FEY: No, I'm gonna kill other people and you're gonna be my girlfriend.

FEY: This week, Norway became the World Oyster Opening Champions. This was a stunning upset for last year's oyster opening champion, Colin Farrell.

FEY: The first official prescription treatment to boost a woman's sex drive could be approved in the U.S. by next year. Until then, fake it til you make it, ladies.

POEHLER: In a recent interview, Matt Damon criticized Hollywood actors who only take roles in potential blockbusters, because he believes that stardom is irrelevant and that it's important to choose only interesting roles. Here with a response to these statements...a Hollywood actor.
AFFLECK: Listen, bro. We all know who you're talking about. It's not a big secret, ya know. It's been kinda a "mainstream" year for me, okay, stop rubbing it in. I get it. Halfway through watching Paycheck I went to ask the theatre manager for my money back then I remembered I was in it. Alright, I gotcha! And I know you're "not into stardom," but, help me out here. I can't seem to recall which Chekhov play The Bourne Supremacy is based on. And I'm sure they'll be studying Ocean's 12 in the film classes at USC, believe me. Cause Ocean's 11 left so many unanswered questions. Wait til you lose your mind and make two movies in a row with your girlfriend, alright? By the way, Street Cred, how's Clooney's yacht treating ya? Is there a phone on that thing? I've been trying to call you for like three weeks about this Project Greenlight mess. Another thing, if the Red Socks lose this year, it's your fault cause you moved to New York, you filthy traitor!

ELTON JOHN: Hello, Tina. Where's my Jimmy boy?
FEY: Oh, well, he's gone..Amy's here now.
ELTON JOHN: You're not really my cup of tea, dear. If you know what I mean..
POEHLER: ...cause you're superhumanly gay?
ELTON JOHN: Yes.

jagoff
10-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Amy Poehler!?!?! Yeah she sucks! I think Tina Fey is hot though!

M2d
10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
you know the name of that song? I usually don't like nelly, but that song had a real throwback feel to it that I dug.

jagoff
10-04-2004, 12:23 PM
It was called "My Place"

M2d
10-04-2004, 12:24 PM
cool, thx

Dominic
10-04-2004, 01:37 PM
I thought Affleck did a great job of channeling James Carville

SomethingClever
10-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Okay, it was a funny commercial, but no WAY was it funnier than

Schmidt's Gay
Robot Insurance
Happy Fun Ball

or the king of them all...

Oops, I Crapped My Pants!

astroglide
10-04-2004, 05:47 PM
the episode i got off bittorrent didn't have the commercial :< hopefully it'll be on my tivo when i get home.

ArchAngel71857
10-04-2004, 06:12 PM
I gave up sometime after the irritating Debbie Downer skit

When this aired last year it was hilarious, simply because it was supposed to be a depressing subject, and the entire cast could not keep a straight face and kept laughing. The comedy worked on so many levels. I remember saying that if they hadn't broken out and laughed it would not have been nearly as funny. The most recent sketch proved this. I wasn't happy with the debates either. I thought the material was good, but i didn't like either of the impersonators. Bonerjuice was good. Amy Poheler was good with Tina Fey. the first all female SNL weekend update crew, I think. Plus they are both hot. SNL needs to give Fred Armisan and Finesse Mitchell more air time.

-AA

Blarg
10-04-2004, 07:59 PM
I think they're both hot too, but Amy didn't seem to do too well, to me anyway.

The debates I think they messed up. It got even more tedious their making fun of Bush for saying that "It's hard work" fighting terrorists over and over(and over) than it was watching Bush actually say it. And the bit depicting Kerry making snotty looks at Bush was just stupid and didn't really parody anything, because Kerry didn't do that at all. The funny/disgusting part is a lot of people probably got their ideas about the debate not from watching it but from the lame SNL skit.

It was funny when the Jim Lehrer/moderator asked Bush to confirm that his plan to fight the terrorists was to come in and work Saturdays.

The bonerjuice was a dead-on target that's been crying out to be done for a long time now, but it wasn't really as biting as it could be -- I was surprised. Or as funny. Those commercials really are sad with more than a little bit of a vicious undertone; they deserved a funnier, more caustic rip than that.

The Debbie Downer sketches used to be really funny. But this one just fell flat. I was again surprised; before last Saturday, that bit was one of the few things I've liked in SNL for a long time. But her remarks seemed mostly completely arbitrary non-sequiturs this time -- no tie-in to the rest of the sketch...just sort of dead balloons falling to the ground.

jdl22
10-04-2004, 09:09 PM
I watched simply for the debates as well. I was somewhat dissapointed. They did Bush well and the Kerry manurisms (sp?) were good as well but everything that Kerry said was actually more a parody of his campaign before the debate than his debate performance. Maybe that's a good sign - seems they couldn't really make fun of anything he said that was bad.

astroglide
10-04-2004, 11:30 PM
it was on tivo, wasn't too impressed with the commercial. i think the name "boner juice" has to be sprung on you for comedic effect.