PDA

View Full Version : Pair on flop, kinda got a part of it..

Morta
10-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Villain is semi loose, but not too bad.

I always have problems with these kinds of flops, expeccially (sp) when I am at the lower end of it. Any help on this hand and the "problem" in generel will be greatly appreciated.

Hmm had posted a hand but it wasent the right one and I am having trouble finding it. But the deal is, I get like 48o in the BB not raised, and the flop comes something like JJ8. I feel that I must bet out but always seems to loose to a slowplayer. Is there some generel advice on this kind of flops?

Morta
10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Well at last found the hand:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

crockett
10-04-2004, 11:43 AM
I usually fold in this situation. SSH agrees, but warns that observant players make pick up on the occasion when you fold to a flop raise and starting doing it just to bluff. With multi-tabling and people constantly coming and going the norm on internet poker I don’t even worry about it. Sometimes, just to change my line, I’ll call the flop and fold the turn un-improved when bet into.

If I put the player on a bluff (for example; I have seen him do a similar thing in previous hands) I will just call the turn, call the river. This way you get 2 bets from the bluffer, instead of one if he were to fold to your raise and also, you don’t put yourself in jeopardy of being 3-bet in the case that the bluffer actually has a made hand.