PDA

View Full Version : Three questions about this flush draw

jtr
10-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Hello, all.

Here's a flush draw that I tried to play in a standard SSHE sort of way, but I may have messed up in places (certainly preflop).

1) should I have raised preflop? I didn't want to eliminate opponents by making UTG and MP2 face two bets cold, but if I had known they would call I should have raised I guess. As it turns out UTG did the raising for me and everyone called. (Doh! -- so then I should have capped, I am an idiot.)

2) on the flop, I raised for value, believing that everyone would come along. Should I have predicted the reraise from UTG, which had the effect of knocking everyone out?

3) on the end, it's a crying call obviously, and it seems likely that UTG has a king at the very least. However I figured there was a non-zero chance of him having a busted flush draw like mine, and that the queens might be good. Do people agree with this call?

Thanks for any comments.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

daveymck
10-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Pre flop MP3 has raised, I dont want to three bet this but calling the raise is fine, UTG's 3 bet reraise is fishy but we are in for two so calling another one is fine.

Flop, I think I raise like you here, but there is an argument for pure calling as you are closing the action and it may give you a chance to raise the turn if you flush hits then. The three bet and folding of the others in a way is advantageous as it may clean up your outs (particulary the runner runner ones)

Crying call is fine, pot is big enough, but I think you are behind.