PDA

View Full Version : this should be in LL section but not getting any responses there!

ITWASSOOOOTED
10-04-2004, 06:21 AM
New to this site so please bear with me while I figure out how to properly post hands. (as well would appreciate any help on how to post future hands)

Anyhow it is Party Poker 2-4 I am BB with 2 4 UTG limps, UTG +1 Limps. Everyone else folds. UTG is loose/aggressive at times but mostly a caller. UTG+1 is new to the table and have not had a chance to get a good read on him. For anyone at the table who is paying attention I believe I have a table image of a solid player. I have not shown any bluffs or rags on river, and every time seen a river I was the aggresor and won the showdown, with the exception of 1 time where I called down same player who is UTG with top pair. (Have been to river many times already with UTG and have won every time except the 1 time I meantioned)

Flop is Q 3 5 ( uh oh this one is going to cost me) UTG bets UTG+1 raises, I 3 bet, both call. Turn is 8 I check, UYG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, UTG waits a while then calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls. (I put UTG on spades also at this point) River is 8 . I bet,UTG folds instantly UTG+1 hesitates then calls and shows q-3h.

Of course I know that I am beaten I guess what i am wondering is a: was this draw worth the action i put into it, and b: Was it worth it to try and win this pot with a total bluff on the river!

Jezebel
10-04-2004, 06:51 AM
just think of it this way. Why are you raising? Two legit reasons to raise are:
To get more money in the pot when you have the best hand or to win the pot by having eveyone else fold better hands.

Do you think either of these was the case in your situation?

ITWASSOOOOTED
10-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Just wanted to add, i messed up when i put in this hand, the suits were not included. I had 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and flop was q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
turn was 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif river was 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

i guess i was raising to try n win the pot and to give myself odds to draw with o/e str8 flush, as well as to build a pot since i had 15 outs, all of which i figure to be good ( at least on the flop anyhow)