PDA

View Full Version : 2 aggressive?

ITWASSOOOOTED
10-04-2004, 05:21 AM
New to this site so please bear with me while I figure out how to properly post hands. (as well would appreciate any help on how to post future hands)

Anyhow it is Party Poker 2-4 I am BB with 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG limps, UTG +1 Limps. Everyone else folds. UTG is loose/aggressive at times but mostly a caller. UTG+1 is new to the table and have not had a chance to get a good read on him. For anyone at the table who is paying attention I believe I have a table image of a solid player. I have not shown any bluffs or rags on river, and every time seen a river I was the aggresor and won the showdown, with the exception of 1 time where I called down same player who is UTG with top pair. (Have been to river many times already with UTG and have won every time except the 1 time I meantioned)

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ( uh oh this one is going to cost me) UTG bets UTG+1 raises, I 3 bet, both call. Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I check, UYG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, UTG waits a while then calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls. (I put UTG on spades also at this point) River is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet,UTG folds instantly UTG+1 hesitates then calls and shows q-3h.

Of course I know that I am beaten I guess what i am wondering is a: was this draw worth the action i put into it, and b: Was it worth it to try and win this pot with a total bluff on the river!

uw_madtown
10-04-2004, 05:26 AM
Paste the hand history HERE (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi). It'll prettify it. Look around that thing, it's fairly self-explanatory.

Welcome to the site.

EDITED TO ADD: Wow, I described the converter using the word "prettify" without even realizing that's how it's described on the page. Insane-o.

ITWASSOOOOTED
10-05-2004, 03:40 AM
ty 4 your response uw, the hand converter will be very usefull!

jtr
10-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Glad you've been steered towards the hand converter.

As for your actual hand question: it looks to me like you've pushed this draw too far to me. The pot was very small on the flop and not worth getting excited over. Also, you have the kind of hand where you're either going to win by hitting your straight or flush draw, or you're going to lose. It's not as if you have overcard outs, etc. So this looks like one of those rare hands you don't need to protect with bets and raises. It's a question of whether you're getting value out of the money you put into the pot. I can live with the flop raise, but the turn raise is hard for me to figure out. I would have called.

I guess that you've pumped the pot so much that there's a case for your attempted steal on the river, but personally I would have check-called the turn and check-folded the river when my draws failed to materialize.

My 2c.